Need help: After last Xbox OS update I am no longer able to hear any other players

Discus and support Need help: After last Xbox OS update I am no longer able to hear any other players in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm 100% certain this problem started after the latest console update, but when I enter a party I can see the other party members profile pics... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mhill561, Oct 19, 2020.

1. /u/mhill561
    /u/mhill561 Guest

Need help: After last Xbox OS update I am no longer able to hear any other players

I'm 100% certain this problem started after the latest console update, but when I enter a party I can see the other party members profile pics illuminate to show they are talking, but I hear nothing. They say they can hear me (my friend texted me as we were troubleshooting) but I cant hear them. I also cannot hear anyone in game chat. I play COD and can see the white gamertag flash on the left side whenever someone talks but I can never hear them. The regular game audio and xbox sound effects are fine. It's just the audio from other players mics I cannot hear. Anyone got a solution?

submitted by /u/mhill561
    [link] [comments]

/u/mhill561, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Boriestw Win User

Not able to hear other players

I tried to configure the sounds settings but it didn't work. I don't have any adapter, I plug my headset directly on 3.5 mm jack of my controller.
  3. iAmSeanTheElite Win User

Not able to hear other players

This is a frequent problem that plagues some gamers. It could be a simple fix. With my TB headset, I realized I had to play adjust the volume buttons on the adapter. When in a party, I would have to turn down the game volume a bit and turn the chat volume
    up and then I was able to hear people. Then I would have to reverse this when going to game chat.

Hope this helps :)
  4. jmcode Win User

Won't connect to 5GHz band

Many folks with Asus dual-band routers are having the same problem, including myself. I was able to get it to connect on 5ghz on the initial OS version after a few tries but not at all on the latest few OS versions. I am hoping MS can fix this in a future
    update, but the longer this goes on the more I doubt it.
  5. RobertRamsey3 Win User

Help with Fortnite Error "console only voice chat"

i need help asap i cant hear any other players not can they hear me
  6. KoFlare Win User

Not able to hear other players/people

It went away after a few hours last night. I played again this afternoon and could hear people in game, just now I joined a party and immediately I can no longer hear anyone. Why is this happening? Really INCREDIBLY frustrating.
    @xboxsupport still a real issue makes people think xbox just dosent work
Thema:

1. Need help: After last Xbox OS update I am no longer able to hear any other players - Similar Threads - Need help last

2. this is my last hope. in desperate need of help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    this is my last hope. in desperate need of help.: i recently bought the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless gaming headset now as stated on the description from amazon it works with all 3 platforms of pc, ps and of course xbox (now i know what your...
  3. Power up rewards points are gone need help!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had ove 20,000 last time i had ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Power up rewards points are gone need help!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had ove 20,000 last time i had ...: My power up rewards points from game stop r gone i need them to redeam a subscription to hop on my games im multiplayer 11c59f32-f2e0-415a-9f66-e874d8c5daea
  4. NEED HELP! None of my purchases in the last 12 months have registered on xbox rewards

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    NEED HELP! None of my purchases in the last 12 months have registered on xbox rewards: I have bought a number of things on xbox live. I forgot about the myrewards until here recently, I just checked my statement and nothing I have bought online has registered and I have received no...
  5. last update 12/31/1600 7:00pm on xbox one need help or info

in XBoX on Consoles
    last update 12/31/1600 7:00pm on xbox one need help or info: ok i bought a xbox one i look in update statues it say last update 12/31/1600 7:00pm is console done or is there a way to fix it 62ccd3ac-fed6-48a7-9f6b-089d52aea84b
  6. Need Help. Did Not Receive My Free $5 Microsoft Gift Card For My Star Wars Last Jedi Movie ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need Help. Did Not Receive My Free $5 Microsoft Gift Card For My Star Wars Last Jedi Movie ...: Dear Sales and Promotions Customer Service Support, Already contacted and forwarded all emailed screenshots to Microsoft, Windows, and Xbox Live Support Teams but to no avail. They...
  7. Thorn Bounty Need Help! Last Part

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thorn Bounty Need Help! Last Part: Im trying to kill xyor the unwed. im 32 with all maxed guns i have a ghorn 365b37a1-2518-4e55-9dd2-32b31df9e8b0
  8. Help, On Xbox One, If Battlefield 4 was run last time i played, i need to restart my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help, On Xbox One, If Battlefield 4 was run last time i played, i need to restart my xbox: On my Xbox one, if I play or launch BF4, then turn off my Xbox the next time i turn it on, i can't launch any apps, play any games or leave the home screen d8cded8b-55b7-4da4-ab64-bc271bf09490
  9. Received an enforcement last night need help understanding why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Received an enforcement last night need help understanding why: Received the following email, for an 7 days to Die video I upload on "How to fail on mining" I would like to have the video reviewed as there is nothing in the video that corresponds to the...
  10. I need help. Last night I was playing GTA online when all of a sudden my Xbox lagged out and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help. Last night I was playing GTA online when all of a sudden my Xbox lagged out and ...: Please help me on this, I contacted Microsoft support last night and they were less than useful 04475454-89db-4403-b1d1-841f75f8f59a