Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”

Discus and support Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.” in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ordered an Xbox controller to use with my Tesla. Attempted to update the firmware which was apparently the wrong direction (the older versions allow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Integr8d, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Integr8d
    Integr8d Guest

Ordered an Xbox controller to use with my Tesla. Attempted to update the firmware which was apparently the wrong direction (the older versions allow for Bluetooth Classic; not BLE aka Bluetooth Low Energy).

The controller is now running 5.17.3202.0 and I get the message in the title when trying to run the CMD for downgrade=true.

With so many Teslas on the road, it seems like a no-brainer for MS to issue a new FW that allows for Bluetooth Classic to capture controller sales. Just turn it back on and publish a button combo to toggle it between Classic and BLE.

Or… does anyone have a fix?

:)

Integr8d, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Integr8d, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry you're having these issues. I've done some research and currently, there is no official solution to revert the firmware of your Xbox controller. However, there are a few methods you can try:

Try using a third-party tool to revert the firmware. There are several tools available online that can help you revert the firmware of your Xbox controller. However, be careful when using these tools, as they can damage your controller.

Suggested solution

In my opinion, the best solution would be for Microsoft to release a new firmware that allows the use of Bluetooth Classic on Xbox controllers. This would make Xbox controllers compatible with Tesla and other devices that do not support BLE.

Alternative solutions

If you are unable to revert the firmware of your Xbox controller, there are a few alternative solutions you can try:

You can use a USB Bluetooth adapter to connect your Xbox controller to your Tesla. This will allow you to use the controller with Bluetooth Classic.

You can use a USB cable to connect your Xbox controller to your Tesla. This will allow you to use the controller wired.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  3. Integr8d Win User

Thanks, Vanessa! By any chance, do you know what search terms I might use to find the 3rd-party tools. Generic terms like ‘flashing xbox controller firmware’ aren’t revealing much. And I’m more of a PC gamer than console. So I’m unfamiliar with the language they use…

Cheers.
  4. DontaviousWilliams2 Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

Any idea how to fix the sound after you revert the controller?
  5. StevenBurdo Win User

Help My Dpad Controls Won't Change Back

I check to see if I can revert and all I get is that my controller is up to date, I can't revert. Is there any other way that can fix this problem?
  6. TEN NYM 245 Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

Doesn’t work anymore sadly, just get told there’s an error as my controller is updated with no option to revert unless someone has a fix. This stinks
Thema:

1. Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.” - Similar Threads - Need fix “Sorry

2. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  3. is there any way to fix this, or no and i just need to get a new one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there any way to fix this, or no and i just need to get a new one.: my controller is an Xbox elite series 2 controller LB button sometimes doesn't work for example sometimes I click the LB. button 10 times then doesn't respond for 2 times its random if it responds...
  4. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  5. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  6. need help to fix minecraft invalid session error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help to fix minecraft invalid session error.: minecraft invalid session error, when i join servers tried many many trouble shooting options like logging in and logging out, switching internet, removing and adding device back on my microsoft...
  7. Looking for groups needs to be fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for groups needs to be fixed: Looking for groups is being abused by bots that are advertising scams by using the Xbox app. This needs to be fixed and people are getting scammed every day. I do report the posts but I can't...
  8. Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S: My friend has a Xbox 360 s. 4 years ago it broke, and today I decided to come and fix it. We plugged it in, and the box turns yellow as expected. We press the power button and it turns green for...
  9. Do I need to get my xbox professionally fixed or is there a solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to get my xbox professionally fixed or is there a solution?: I have an xbox one S and it comes up with error E200 I have tried all the troubleshooting options and during the offline update I get an Error E101 and when I try to factory reset it, it will turn...
  10. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...