Nat type won't let me do anything. What do I do?

Discus and support Nat type won't let me do anything. What do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm on an Xbox 1 and recently I've been getting the X error when I try to join party chat and I'm unable to connect to GTA online. So I did some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EarthlyStorm8, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Nat type won't let me do anything. What do I do?

I'm on an Xbox 1 and recently I've been getting the X error when I try to join party chat and I'm unable to connect to GTA online. So I did some research and everyone is saying it's because of my NAT type being strict, but I keep getting something about
    not being able to get "Teredo IP address" I am wired though and I've never had a problem like this with my 360 or PS3. I called up microsoft for support and so the guy tells me to clear my MAC address and DNS stuff, gives me a couple numbers that I put in
    and somehow my NAT type changes to moderate, but then changed back to strict hours later. So today I called Verizon my internet provider to see if it was something with the router, and the tech gave me instructions to DMZ my Xbox 1, so now I can get into empty
    lobbies on GTA at least but still I can't play with anyone and party chats still not working. Party chat does work sometimes though, but rarely now and yes my mic is a week old so it can't be the mic. So what should I do? Is it something with my router or
    is it the xbox/Microsoft itself? I know about the ports that xbox needs open but shouldn't the DMZ take care of that? And also one of the ports 3074 I believe was already in use by Demonware?? No idea what that even is.

:)

EarthlyStorm8, Mar 16, 2015
  2. Cade Rose
    Cade Rose Guest
    Console won't let me do anything

Does "issues with purchases" apply to a physical disc copy? Or what about trying to get into my settings?

Cade Rose, Mar 16, 2015
  3. Cade Rose
    Cade Rose Guest

Purchased a pre-owned system from GameStop yesterday, got it home and got everything set-up fine. I also purchased COD: WW2 to play. Now, after installing (never fully finished, and won't) it will go to launch the game but will then say "something went
    wrong." It has even came back to say that the information is "corrupt, uninstall and re-install" a couple times. I figured that the power save options was on or something turning the system off after 4 hours of inactivity (was a ps4 option, not sure about
    xbox.) I tried to go into my settings afterward to try and set all that up to where it will continue to download updates and games after the system is off, but I cant even get into my settings. I can't send out messages without trying a few times, I can't
    get the installation process of WW2 off of "queued" now, and the only thing I CAN do that I know of is stream hulu. I got the game "For Honor" free with gold, and got it installed but it wont launch it either. Is my system shot, or do I have options? Almost
    forgot, I tried uninstalling to re-install and it wont go through with that process either.

Cade Rose, Mar 16, 2015
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

Demonware is the upnp port mapping used by activision games on xbox one, ps3 and ps4.

Games like COD and destiny use it. If port 3074 is being used by demonware then its likely you have been playing COD,Destiny or some other activision game on your ps3.

As you have more than one console that requires port 3074 then you cannot use port forwarding or the DMZ. You must use UPnP only.

You should delete any port forwarding and DMZ settings and make sure UPnP is switched on. After doing so restart the router.

You should also switch the xbox to energy saving mode as instant on mode has a bug where the nat goes strict after switching the console on. It doesn't happen to everyone but its quite a common bug.

I personally never use instant on because of this bug.

If still getting problems post the make and model number of your router and then maybe someone with knowledge of that router can help.

Malacath, Mar 18, 2015
  5. Malacath Win User

Demonware is the upnp port mapping used by activision games on xbox one, ps3 and ps4.

Games like COD and destiny use it. If port 3074 is being used by demonware then its likely you have been playing COD,Destiny or some other activision game on your ps3.

As you have more than one console that requires port 3074 then you cannot use port forwarding or the DMZ. You must use UPnP only.

You should delete any port forwarding and DMZ settings and make sure UPnP is switched on. After doing so restart the router.

You should also switch the xbox to energy saving mode as instant on mode has a bug where the nat goes strict after switching the console on. It doesn't happen to everyone but its quite a common bug.

I personally never use instant on because of this bug.

If still getting problems post the make and model number of your router and then maybe someone with knowledge of that router can help.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Cade,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the slow game download on your Xbox One. In reference to the System, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps we can try:

If the Xbox One console continues with persistent issues, please try the next troubleshooting step :

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One.

• Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
      Note: Please make sure to know your emails and passwords for your Xbox profiles, this will log you off.
    Hope this works. Let us know.
  7. coco meat train Win User

There is currently a service alert at xboxlive.com/status that some are experiencing issues with purchases. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and fix your issue.
  8. Cade Rose Win User

Does "issues with purchases" apply to a physical disc copy? Or what about trying to get into my settings?
  9. MisterFizzle Win User

Not letting me do anything

Hey there Kalyri,

This is something you'll need to talk with Phone support about. You can contact a billing agent at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Make sure to mention to them that you have the Entertainment for All plan.

Let us know how things go.
Thema:

1. Nat type won't let me do anything. What do I do? - Similar Threads - Nat type won't

2. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  3. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  4. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  5. My NAT type won't work

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My NAT type won't work: My NAT type won't work My NAT type randomly went strict and it won't let me go online, I've tried everything on google and it won't work and I'm very frustrated, I need help...
  6. NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it: My xbox NAT type is on strict and does not want to change. I have tried ports but none want to work to get me out of Strict NAT. At this point my other options are to do a factory reset or to...
  7. Xbox one won't do NAT type or go to home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't do NAT type or go to home screen: While playing gta online on my main xbox one s, I will try to go to the home screen and it won't select it through the side menu, plus it won't let me access my settings so I can do a NAT type. I...
  8. NAT type won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type won't open: okay so my NAT Type has been strict ever since i got my Xbox one and i have tried to fix it but it only stays open for an hour before switching back to strict. I have tried port-forwarding all...
  9. nat type won't stay on open

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type won't stay on open: I have been having problems with nat now for a week I have tried the troubleshooting steps but nothing worked I also contacted my ISP and they sent me out a new router but still having nat...
  10. NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.: Heyo, I'm having some bad issues playing Destiny on my XB One. Since I've just bought it a few days ago, I am kind of upset the only game I have I can't play very well online, which is its main...