Nat type unavailable when connected to my phone's hotspot

Discus and support Nat type unavailable when connected to my phone's hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my Xbox to my phone's hotspot. It's connected and says I have internet but my Nat type is listed as unavailable. If I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LukeKnight3, Dec 31, 2021.

1. LukeKnight3
    LukeKnight3 Guest

I'm trying to connect my Xbox to my phone's hotspot. It's connected and says I have internet but my Nat type is listed as unavailable.

If I try to test the Nat type or the multiplayer connection it says can't get a teredo IP address.

Xbox's website says to check my router settings and make sure that teredo tunneling and IPv6 tunneling are allowed, but I haven't been able to find out if I can do that on my phone.

I'm using an S21 on T-Mobile's service. I've never had an issue like this and I've used my hotspot to play games before. Any ideas?

:)

LukeKnight3, Dec 31, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

That's the only solution available for Unavailable NAT type I'm afraid. Since phone's hotspot doesn't support router configuration, port opening, etc. The troubleshooting for this issue is very limited
  3. LukeKnight3 Win User

My Nat type says unavailable not strict or moderate. I've definitely used my hotspot on a next gen console.

The speed test says I have 30+ down and around 5 up.

I also have a good 5G connection from where I am. I could see not being able to play games without lag but for not even letting me connect?
  4. ngocphi Win User

You are assuming the us is caught up

They arent

5g coverage isn't that great

3g and lte for tmobile in most.no metro cities it isn't.like europe

A.certain world leader fought tooth and nail to make sure the leader in 5g wouldn't get contracts

It ended up with 5g parts shortage at the provider level

Europe didn't care that much who supplied the parts except for Britian who also banned huawei

5G is nowhere close to national wide in North America then in Europe or Asian countries

You usually have LTE -5 not 12 in most cases

Keep in mind s21 unless it's 5g will most likely be lte on tmobile unless he's in a major citiy
  5. MichaelCostello9 Win User

Hey i have the same issue. Galaxy 21 and tmobile. All my guys witg iphones can do it but mine cant. Did you ever figure it out
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Kindly check out this guide on troubleshooting Unavailable NAT type on Xbox consoles https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Nat type unavailable when connected to my phone's hotspot - Similar Threads - Nat type unavailable

2. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  3. I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable: My Xboxone does not connect to my hotspot f65ed451-7c39-4bc0-8ab7-256624fc8e71
  4. On my xbox series s my nat type is unavailable every video on it is for the xbox ones and i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my xbox series s my nat type is unavailable every video on it is for the xbox ones and i...: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 54b89494-6353-4d29-8080-54f186e6f979
  5. How do I fix unavailable Nat type / teredo issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix unavailable Nat type / teredo issues.: Hi, I have an Xbox series x and recently have been encountering multiplayer/network issues. My Xbox continually shows that Nat type is unavailable as well as issues with teredo connection. I have...
  6. NAT type unavailable, using 3.mobile broadband

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type unavailable, using 3.mobile broadband: So everything worked fine till the other day I reset my router , I don't get internet on my TV plugged in or WiFi, on my Xbox whether it's plugged in or not I get on network settings , ipv4 & ipv6...
  7. Xbox NAT type is unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox NAT type is unavailable: My Xbox is saying that the NAT type is unavailable. I’ve tried restarting the router, Pulled power cords out of Xbox and restarted Xbox multiple times, I have tried switching between alternative...
  8. how to fix my NAT type being unavailable and service info being unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix my NAT type being unavailable and service info being unavailable: so my xbox says that my NAT type is not available also service info bein unavailable please help i know my wifi isnt the problem all my other devices connect d7b10882-e6ff-4a0d-af44-8ff3e340443d
  9. How do I fix nat type unavailable and I have tried all the online videos but did not help

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix nat type unavailable and I have tried all the online videos but did not help: I use a mobile hotspot on my Xbox series x and recently my nat type says unavailable. I have tried my hotspot on the Xbox one s and it worked fine eb24032c-312c-4a29-bbf9-d19d0991b20d
  10. NAT Type is Open but Service Info Is Unavailable! why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type is Open but Service Info Is Unavailable! why?: Ive literally tried everything ive hard reset my xbox, turn it on/off, unpluged it for 5-10mins, tried DNS 8-8-8-8/8-8-4-4, ive cleared my alternate Mac Address and restart, i even entered a...