NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Discus and support NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I've had this pain in my backside for about 5 months now, so I purchased the Xbox one on day one expecting it to be lag free etc. and had a big... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wadeey x, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Wadeey x
    Wadeey x Guest

Hi I've had this pain in my backside for about 5 months now, so I purchased the Xbox one on day one expecting it to be lag free etc. and had a big shock.

My internet is amazing I usually get about 155mbps download and 12mbps upload, but still get lag on 360 and Xbox One live. This never happened until I switched router due to my broadband upgrade, also it didn't happen before I had the Xbox one and just had
    my 360 on 20mbps internet with a very old net gear router.

I am lagging very badly on 360 (GTA V, Battlefield 4, Call of duty ghosts, Dark Souls2) and on Xbox One (Fifa 14, Call of duty ghosts battlefield 4, titanfall, forza 5, ryse, dead rising 3) You name the game and I will lag all over it.

Also on Xbox one my NAT is OPEN on wireless but as soon as I wire the connection up it says STRICT. I have done EVERYTHING possible on my Xbox and router to try and fix it and nothing works. I have spent easily about 40+ hours on the phone to my ISP and
    in the end just said "We don't know".

*If someone fixes this for me I will personally come to your house and give you money because I have had it up to my eyeballs of laggy online gaming*

Thanks, any help will be more than appreciated.

:)

Wadeey x, Jul 2, 2014
  2. Xbox live friend already online..but keep getting notifications that he has come online every 10 mins or so.

I have strict Nat type on xbox one but open on 360, please help!?

UncookedPond137, Jul 2, 2014
  3. Xbox one preview forum support removed?

I have an issue on my xbox one, I am in the preview program. Since the latest update my xbox one is stuck with a strict Nat type. Which means I can't play most games online especially my new division game.

My 360 which is not part of a preview program and is connected through same modem has an open Nat type.

Please help me!?

UncookedPond137, Jul 2, 2014
  4. NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

What ISP are you with are what model is your router? It could be that the firewall is blocking ports or is slowing down the connection.

Death Speed God, Jul 3, 2014
  5. Wadeey x
    Wadeey x Guest
    Im with Virgin media and have the superhub 2 and the firewall is already off bro NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One :(

Wadeey x, Jul 4, 2014
  6. I do have a suggestion but it will cost you about $200 out of pocket but not to me let me be clear I'm not asking for money. But I had this problem before I had success with hiring in home service through Best Buy Geek Squad. But they are in the $200 range.
    My problem cost me $175. But I spent a ton of time trying to fix it and on the phone that I could justify the cost.

USARMYMILITARY, Jul 6, 2014
  7. LarryBrah
    LarryBrah Guest
    Hello Wadeey x,

*laughs* Its okay, we appreciate the whole coming over to the house and giving money, but that is not necessary, but you came to the right place for Free support! NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One :)

I do have a suggestion to addon if you don't mind. And trust me, this works some of the time, but not for every one. (Did for me.) Have you tried factory resetting your router? I know how pain in the neck that can be for a lot of ISP's, especially when
    I had Comcast, but when I got everything back going, the devices re-registered in new order of IP's. But it was better though.

JUST A FAIR WARNING, if you are not able to fully control your router or the ISP specifically doesn't want you doing this, then don't. I'd contact Your ISP for further assistance.

LarryBrah, Oct 31, 2018
  8. USARMYMILITARY Win User

I do have a suggestion but it will cost you about $200 out of pocket but not to me let me be clear I'm not asking for money. But I had this problem before I had success with hiring in home service through Best Buy Geek Squad. But they are in the $200 range.
    My problem cost me $175. But I spent a ton of time trying to fix it and on the phone that I could justify the cost.
  9. Death Speed God Win User

What ISP are you with are what model is your router? It could be that the firewall is blocking ports or is slowing down the connection.
  10. Wadeey x Win User

Im with Virgin media and have the superhub 2 and the firewall is already off bro :(
  11. LarryBrah Win User

Hello Wadeey x,

*laughs* Its okay, we appreciate the whole coming over to the house and giving money, but that is not necessary, but you came to the right place for Free support! :)

I do have a suggestion to addon if you don't mind. And trust me, this works some of the time, but not for every one. (Did for me.) Have you tried factory resetting your router? I know how pain in the neck that can be for a lot of ISP's, especially when
    I had Comcast, but when I got everything back going, the devices re-registered in new order of IP's. But it was better though.

JUST A FAIR WARNING, if you are not able to fully control your router or the ISP specifically doesn't want you doing this, then don't. I'd contact Your ISP for further assistance.
  12. UncookedPond137 Win User

Xbox live friend already online..but keep getting notifications that he has come online every 10 mins or so.

I have strict Nat type on xbox one but open on 360, please help!?
Thema:

1. NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One - Similar Threads - NAT Type stuck

2. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  3. I cant get my nat type from univailable to open

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get my nat type from univailable to open: I cant get my nat type from univailable to open been tryinnfŕëøee77 c6c7b946-74df-408c-8300-a83127560127
  4. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...: I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to refix the NAT. I have both iPv6 and iPv4 with...
  7. NAT type stuck at moderate via phone.

in XBoX on Windows
    NAT type stuck at moderate via phone.: I am unfortunate to have a very slow internet connection in my house, so I use my phone's hotspot to game with. This works fine for almost everything, except xbox party chat. I am never able to...
  8. Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible: Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible If you’re not already i would recommend using an ethernet cable plugged directly into the router to improve connection...
  9. Nat type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is stuck on strict: After the recent Xbox update my Nat type has been stuck on strict. I have fine connection in multiplayer and what not, it's the parties. I always disconnect from them or start connecting and I...
  10. NAT type stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type stuck on strict: Hello, I recently bought Black Ops 3, and I have been having major connection issues. It even persist on GTA 5. I have an Xbox One, and I have forward all ports and even ports forwarded for GTA 5...