NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address

Discus and support NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, Xbox Live worked fine for a long time after I got my Xbox One. All of a sudden I found i couldnt connect to Fifa along with other Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richard Poole-4B0D4ED0-3280-456D-80F6-CEC82F7F015C, Jul 6, 2014.

1. NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address

Hey guys,

Xbox Live worked fine for a long time after I got my Xbox One. All of a sudden I found i couldnt connect to Fifa along with other Xbox One multiplayer games. When I went into my Network Settings I found my NAT type had changed to Strict. When I looked online
    to find what this meant i found that it will block you playing against anyone that doesnt have NAT type Open. I have tried Port Forwarding, turning UPnP off and back on again, giving my Xbox One a static IP address and also putting the Xbox One IP in the DMZ
    on my router. Nothing Works. I have also tried speaking to Microsoft Support and they told me to phone my ISP (Sky) and they said its not something they deal with at their end and the way to open my NAT is on the Xbox One itself. I said it wasnt. They said
    thats how the manager fixed his when he had the same problem. That was all the information I could get out of them. When I go to Test Multiplayer Connection I get an error message saying "Cannot get a Teredo IP address"

I have the Sagemcom F@ST2504n with Sky as my ISP.

Any help would be brilliant. This is really starting to get on my nerves now.

Thanks

:)

Richard Poole-4B0D4ED0-3280-456D-80F6-CEC82F7F015C, Jul 6, 2014
  2. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'

TO0ms, Jul 6, 2014
  3. BlueFar
    BlueFar Guest
    Strict nat type error, teredo IP issue

India

Beetel, 450tc3

1 Xbox one

Both(wired&wireless)

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Yes, 'Strict' nat type

Yes, cannot get a teredo IP address. Detailed nat information: your network is behind a firewall(or not connected)

My ISP is 'airtel'

BlueFar, Jul 6, 2014
  4. NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address

Just seen this in the Sticky so ill post as a reply.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England, UK

Modem brand & model number: Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Router brand & model number: Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Wired or wireless: Wireless and Wired (tried both ways)

Things you have tried: Tried following the multiplayer connection error solution which involved disabling/re-enabling UPnP, enabling DMZ and manually forwarding ports.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? Yes - Strict

Any Error Codes you encounter: No error codes. I do get a "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error message though.

Who is your ISP? Sky Broadband

Richard Poole-4B0D4ED0-3280-456D-80F6-CEC82F7F015C, Jul 6, 2014
  5. TO0ms Win User

Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'
  6. Richard Poole-4B0D4E Win User

Just seen this in the Sticky so ill post as a reply.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England, UK

Modem brand & model number: Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Router brand & model number: Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Wired or wireless: Wireless and Wired (tried both ways)

Things you have tried: Tried following the multiplayer connection error solution which involved disabling/re-enabling UPnP, enabling DMZ and manually forwarding ports.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? Yes - Strict

Any Error Codes you encounter: No error codes. I do get a "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error message though.

Who is your ISP? Sky Broadband
  7. Kylinho022 Win User

Cant find Teredo IP address

Hi Mister Mascot,

Been on the phone with them for the pass two days trying to sort this out. No luck, still strict nat and cannot find teredo IP address.

Thank you
  8. justasecsir34 Win User

I can't connect some multiplayer games even though I have internet connection

it says nat type unavailable also it says can't get a teredo ip address
  9. PremiumTiger307 Win User

"Can't get Teredo IP" error won't resolve

Malacath, I connected straight to my university network via ethernet and I am still getting a strict NAT type with Teredo error when testing multiplayer connection. I had previously contacted IT at my school, and they unblocked all firewalls for my IP address
    already...
Thema:

1. NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address - Similar Threads - NAT Type Strict

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  8. How do I fix my strict nat type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my strict nat type: I can’t seam to get my att hot spot device to connect via open or moderate nat. Only strict I’ve tried wired wireless clearing MAC address several different ports restating both devices Nothing...
  9. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  10. Nat type strict fix pleas help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type strict fix pleas help me: Pleas help me fix nat type strict 8c74ac9b-4758-4916-9957-79bc3c94a7cc