NAT Type open/strict problem with multiple Xbox' s in home

Discus and support NAT Type open/strict problem with multiple Xbox' s in home in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so basically my family has an Xbox in the living room. I wanted one of my own so I could use it whenever i want. I got one for Christmas. On the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FearRaiser16, Dec 26, 2017.

1. FearRaiser16
    FearRaiser16 Guest

so basically my family has an Xbox in the living room. I wanted one of my own so I could use it whenever i want. I got one for Christmas. On the network settings on the first one it says the NAT Type is open but on the 2nd the NAT type is strict. Everything
    else on both settings are identical. This is a problem with a few games and Xbox live to the point where I can't even use some features on the 2nd one. How can I make the NAT type open on both Xbox's?

:)

FearRaiser16, Dec 26, 2017
  2. xbox one mutiplayer

Need help setting up multiple xbox ones in hospital setting for pediatric patients. Due to sensitive of patient information I'm unable to change Nat strict type to Nat open type. Is there any other way to connect multiple Xbox ones in multiplayer games in
    Nat strict type?

FadedArcher8353, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Wilco ONE
    Wilco ONE Guest
    DoubleNAT and multiplayer

Hey! I have a problem with my XBOX ONE S.

On "Current network status", there is always written: "NAT Type: Strict", and "Double NAT detected".

When testing network connection it is all good, but for multiplayer connection and NAT type tests it says: "Your network is not set up".

Im using 4g internet with TP- Link TL MR6400 router.

Can anyone help me to get Nat open?

Wilco ONE, Dec 26, 2017
  4. NAT Type open/strict problem with multiple Xbox' s in home

Multiple consoles on the same network demand a rather specific setup... and not always the same setup, it depends on your router, or modem/router and ISP. Even at that, some routers just don't work with multiple consoles. I don't know about other ISPs, but
    I have Xfinity and none of their modem/router combos worked well, if at all, with 2 XB1's on at the same time. I think people tend to have more luck if they use their own router and separate modem.

The most reliable (from my experience) answer that I've seen work for people is the one that has also worked for me. First, check to see if your router has a UPnP setting in its UI. Turn it on if it does. Also, make sure you turn off any port forwarding
    and DMZ settings if you've enabled them previously. You won't need them if you use UPnP and they can cause more issues than they solve if left enabled.

Not sure if it needs to be said, but make sure you do a full reboot, or even a hard reset of your network equipment and consoles after changing your settings.

Also, be aware that not all routers are created equal when it comes to UPnP. Some routers don't do a good job of deploying it and still won't allow multiple consoles online without issues.

My network, just for a reference, is set up as follows and has worked very reliably for... well I don't actually know how long it's been that way... I just set it up and forgot about it. It's been that stable.

Originally just used the Comcast modem/router combo, logged into its settings and put it in bridge mode (which basically just makes it just a 'modem' by disabling its router capabilities) and use my own router. This can and does work, but it depends on whether
    or not you can do that with your ISP provided combo router. Mine worked for awhile until Xfinity released a crap firmware update and the XBL connection became intermittent.

I ended up with a **** SB6183 modem, which performs better than my ISPs 'modem'. I have a Netgear N700 (WNDR4300v2) router, with UPnP enabled and IPV6 enabled as well. I've used Netgear routers for years and have had little trouble with either XBL or multiple
    consoles, as they do a good job with UPnP. I have my XB1S and my wife's XB1 both hardwired. It just works better IMO. The consoles are the only thing left in the house that are still on Ethernet, but they're staying that way. That's it. Since I've been using
    this setup I've had no issues with NAT. It's always open.

Just FYI, there are a few games that can cause issues with 2 consoles on the same network. If memory serves, CoD is one of the game series that has caused trouble for many people despite having a 'properly set up' network.

So, I hope something in there will help. Feel free to ask questions if you need more info. I'll help if I can and there are a few other people that I think are still around here that can help as well.

A Blue Illusion, Dec 28, 2017
  5. I had this trouble when a friend brought his x1 over to dl updates, he resolved it in console settings by selecting alternate mac address. Perhaps it'll work in your case as well.

ElectroFlying, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: