Nat type is open, still getting MASSIVE lag

Discus and support Nat type is open, still getting MASSIVE lag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this has been happening recently. My bad type is open but I would still get massive amount of lag in the games I play. My sister also has an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Epichawk195, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Epichawk195
    Epichawk195 Guest

So this has been happening recently. My bad type is open but I would still get massive amount of lag in the games I play. My sister also has an Xbox one but she gets no lag at all. Yet I get all the lag. Just wondering what's wrong? And what can I do to
    fix it because this issue is really getting me aggravated to the highest degree.

:)

Epichawk195, Oct 1, 2017
  2. I Bought a $60 Coaster....

and my NAT is MODERATE and I still get massive servers and NO LAG

NFO xDevilseedx, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Is it Possible...

**Update**

My NAT Type is now OPEN, and I get full bars when I am connected to Xbox LIVE, yet I still tend to lag quite a bit. I am not understanding why I still lag.

Flying Cattle, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey Epichawk195! I would suggest a wired connection if you aren't using one already. Additionally, because there are two Xbox One consoles on the network, you may run in to issues using them online. Post up your

detailed network statistics
    when you get a chance so we can take a look. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Oct 2, 2017
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Without even the slightest knowledge of your connection type, but if you truly connect your console with wireless, then do what Mister Cizl suggested, as the first line of defence, and switch to Ethernet instead.

Part from attenuation problems (and here comes the part where I will bore you with details) and noise floor and a dussins of other variables, the wireless medium is a shared medium, which means only one client can send or receive at a given time, whereas all
    other wireless clients (wifi compliant devices) have to listen on the virtual/physical layer to take their turn on the same medium.

taidara, Nov 1, 2018
  6. taidara Win User

Without even the slightest knowledge of your connection type, but if you truly connect your console with wireless, then do what Mister Cizl suggested, as the first line of defence, and switch to Ethernet instead.

Part from attenuation problems (and here comes the part where I will bore you with details) and noise floor and a dussins of other variables, the wireless medium is a shared medium, which means only one client can send or receive at a given time, whereas all
    other wireless clients (wifi compliant devices) have to listen on the virtual/physical layer to take their turn on the same medium.
  7. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey Epichawk195! I would suggest a wired connection if you aren't using one already. Additionally, because there are two Xbox One consoles on the network, you may run in to issues using them online. Post up your

detailed network statistics
    when you get a chance so we can take a look. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. NFO xDevilseedx Win User

I Bought a $60 Coaster....

and my NAT is MODERATE and I still get massive servers and NO LAG
  9. dupb0bd32ed-6a6d-47d Win User

Open Nat Type But Still Lagging

i unplugged my router and modem and now it seems to be working fine. it had been hapening on mw3 so i tried black ops and it was the same problem.
  10. GMAN990 Win User

Open Nat Type But Still Lagging

As well as that you can also try to improve your wireless setup. Download a program for your PC like inSSIDer to scan for wireless networks in your area. Then set your own wireless channel to one that is different to your Neighbours.

Also you can find out if this a wireless issue by (as a test) going wired and seeing if it still happens.
Thema:

1. Nat type is open, still getting MASSIVE lag - Similar Threads - Nat type open

2. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  3. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  4. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  5. How do I keep my WiFi Nat type as open ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I keep my WiFi Nat type as open ?: it is constantly saying the Xbox can’t get a teredo IP address, sometimes it’ll say the Nat type is open but I won’t be able to join a party or play online, when I plug my WiFi extender In my mbps...
  6. How to set up orbit speed hotspot for open nat type on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up orbit speed hotspot for open nat type on my Xbox: Connected mobile hotspot, but keep getting strict nat type? 8d2ee87a-803e-4ef5-9439-705f1044ec05
  7. How to check nat type (open, limited or close)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to check nat type (open, limited or close): so until then I always used the "xbox console helper" application for this purpose and everything was nicely described in those network settings, but now the application has been disabled "to make...
  8. Nat type will not stay open, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type will not stay open, why?: I recently port forwarded my xbox, hard wired it and when I play online it is the only wired connection, yet no matter what I do my nat type will not stay open, even when the modem is directly...
  9. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  10. Ive struggled for years on how do I make my NAT type open????Someone PLEASE HELP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ive struggled for years on how do I make my NAT type open????Someone PLEASE HELP...: How do i change my NAT type to open???? 375e2364-442d-4db9-b526-d22f756e40ce