NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address

Discus and support NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I think I read all the posts there. I have a problem with XBOX one and with connection with my friend and play multiplayer. Some information: I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Biftek, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mr Biftek
    Mr Biftek Guest

Hello, I think I read all the posts there. I have a problem with XBOX one and with connection with my friend and play multiplayer. Some information:

I have public IP adress. UPNP is enable. Firewall on router is disable. Xbox is connection wired and ip adress is reserved for only xbox. I added some ports for xbox and WoT. I tried xbox and router set factory defaults. I have only router: NETIS WF2419I.
    I am from: CZECH republic

And still not working. NAT Type: Strict and when I "Test multiplayer connection" displey this error: "Cannot get a Terado IP address." and when i pil trigger on xbox driver i see this: "Detailed NAT information: Your network is behind a firewall (or not
    connecter)" and "Status code: 0x40000000"

My provider said, everything is OK, bud DONT! NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address :D

Please help me, I try everything NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address :( Thx

:)

Mr Biftek, Dec 2, 2015
  2. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'

TO0ms, Dec 2, 2015
  3. BlueFar
    BlueFar Guest
    Strict nat type error, teredo IP issue

India

Beetel, 450tc3

1 Xbox one

Both(wired&wireless)

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Yes, 'Strict' nat type

Yes, cannot get a teredo IP address. Detailed nat information: your network is behind a firewall(or not connected)

My ISP is 'airtel'

BlueFar, Dec 2, 2015
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Hey there Biftek!

[quote user="Mr Biftek"] I have only router: NETIS WF2419I[/quote]As the NETIS WF2419I is only a wireless router, it would also need an additional device for the DSL/Cable signal to be converted to Ethernet. Or is that your service provider feed you with wireless
    connectivity (WISP)?

If you connect through DSL/Cable, please provide the make and model of this device.

taidara, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Mr Biftek
    Mr Biftek Guest
    I have a cabel from provider to my router. I havent other device. But i can use wired, I use notebook (wireless), computer (wired) and xbox (wired). And internet is OK, i can play WoT, but i can´t play with my friends, and cant talk with them.

Can you help me? NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address :)

Mr Biftek, Dec 2, 2015
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    [quote user="Mr Biftek"]I have a cabel from provider to my router.[/quote]Is it that your router feeds into a network outlet on your wall, which runs elsewhere in your building?

Just to rule out the possibility if your Xbox might be behind layers of NAT, follow the steps up front and let us know the outome.

Access the user interface on your NETIS WF2419I and locate the WAN/Internet IP address, which is the address assigned by your ISP.

Now, go to Current IP Check and compare these two and let us know if it's the same address as your routers WAN/Internet address.

Do you have the option to bypass your router and make a direct connection with your Xbox? If your Xbox is currently set with a fixed IP, then go to Network settings and select the Advanced option and then Clear and power cycle your Xbox.

Let us know how that goes.

taidara, Dec 2, 2015
  7. Mr Biftek
    Mr Biftek Guest
    "Is it that your router feeds into a network outlet on your wall, which runs elsewhere in your building?" - It is possible, i ask my provider tommorow.

In router is adress: 10. x x x and on your adress is 213. x x x, so it isnt same. I have set in xbox fixed ip 192.168.1.22 which is reserved in router for xbox.

Mr Biftek, Dec 2, 2015
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

[quote user="Mr Biftek"]In router is adress: 10. x x x and on your adress is 213. x x x, so it isnt same.[/quote]It looks as if your Xbox is behind more than one layer of NAT, The 10.x.x.x address is a private address and in your case, a NAT'd
    address. This is why your console is diagnosed with the more restrictive type of NAT (Strict).

May I ask, do you live in an apartment?

I would suggest that you contact your service provider and ask them about your WAN/Internet address being NAT'd (probably NAT'd within their realm). Ask them if it's possible for your household to obtain a public address, instead of the NAT'd one.

But I take it as you don't have access to that specific networking device that is feeding your wireless router?

Keep us posted!

taidara, Dec 2, 2015
  9. Mr Biftek
    Mr Biftek Guest
    Yes i live in an apartment. I call with my provider, and he said i have everything open.

I trying withnout router, and set my ip address to xbox, but still NAT strict.

Mr Biftek, Dec 3, 2015
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    It's my belief that your issue has nothing to do with whether the proper network ports, that need to be forward for Xbox traffic, are opened (forwarding) or not (filtering). It's more of an issue with different address and port mapping behaviours, seen on
    different NAT devices.

It would make sense if your ISP is using a large scale NAT infrastructure. Where they have a pool of public and routable addresses and multiplex these into many private addresses to be assigned to their customers.

The high-end enterprise routers that sits within the realm of your ISPs network add port mapping rules a bit differently than your SOHO router does. Where your router also use UPnP in conjunction with address and port mapping. Which can be relevant when
    the Xbox send and receive data through NAT.

Long story short; Ask your ISP if it's possible to assign you with a public IP address. Meaning, if you were to have a look at your router's WAN/Internet address, it would be a public address and not an address within the private space (e.g 10.x.x.x).

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Mr Biftek Win User

Yes i live in an apartment. I call with my provider, and he said i have everything open.

I trying withnout router, and set my ip address to xbox, but still NAT strict.
  12. Mr Biftek Win User

I have a cabel from provider to my router. I havent other device. But i can use wired, I use notebook (wireless), computer (wired) and xbox (wired). And internet is OK, i can play WoT, but i can´t play with my friends, and cant talk with them.

Can you help me? :)
  13. taidara Win User

[quote user="Mr Biftek"]In router is adress: 10. x x x and on your adress is 213. x x x, so it isnt same.[/quote]It looks as if your Xbox is behind more than one layer of NAT, The 10.x.x.x address is a private address and in your case, a NAT'd
    address. This is why your console is diagnosed with the more restrictive type of NAT (Strict).

May I ask, do you live in an apartment?

I would suggest that you contact your service provider and ask them about your WAN/Internet address being NAT'd (probably NAT'd within their realm). Ask them if it's possible for your household to obtain a public address, instead of the NAT'd one.

But I take it as you don't have access to that specific networking device that is feeding your wireless router?

Keep us posted!
  14. Mr Biftek Win User

"Is it that your router feeds into a network outlet on your wall, which runs elsewhere in your building?" - It is possible, i ask my provider tommorow.

In router is adress: 10. x x x and on your adress is 213. x x x, so it isnt same. I have set in xbox fixed ip 192.168.1.22 which is reserved in router for xbox.
  15. taidara Win User

[quote user="Mr Biftek"]I have a cabel from provider to my router.[/quote]Is it that your router feeds into a network outlet on your wall, which runs elsewhere in your building?

Just to rule out the possibility if your Xbox might be behind layers of NAT, follow the steps up front and let us know the outome.

Access the user interface on your NETIS WF2419I and locate the WAN/Internet IP address, which is the address assigned by your ISP.

Now, go to http://checkip.dyndns.com/ and compare these two and let us know if it's the same address as your routers WAN/Internet address.

Do you have the option to bypass your router and make a direct connection with your Xbox? If your Xbox is currently set with a fixed IP, then go to Network settings and select the Advanced option and then Clear and power cycle your Xbox.

Let us know how that goes.
Thema:

1. NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address - Similar Threads - NAT typ Strict

2. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  3. My nat thpe is strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nat thpe is strict: I have no clue about ports n forwarding f099f163-2036-40d9-af16-4fa4ab59e943
  4. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  5. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  6. I cant get my nat type from univailable to open

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get my nat type from univailable to open: I cant get my nat type from univailable to open been tryinnfŕëøee77 c6c7b946-74df-408c-8300-a83127560127
  7. Nat typ

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat typ: Hello can someone tell me how I can open the nat typ 8f0c3066-f4f1-48e5-a95b-d74617919971
  8. : NAT Typ

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : NAT Typ: : NAT Typ Sounds like you have a lot going on. You don't need to open the ports if you console is in the DMZ. Also, if UPnP is working well on that router you should have to do either (open ports...
  9. Xbox Live NAT Typ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live NAT Typ: Hello i wanted to play with a friend state of decay 2. we have both Windows 10 (same update), xbox live pc and 4 weeks the Game Pass to test the State of Decay 2 Ultimate. I can join him in the...
  10. NAT-Typ

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT-Typ: MY NAT-Typ is not available on my xbox 1. What can I do? 0edce542-9bdd-46de-b45f-06534799fc2d