NAT problems / sudden packet loss

Discus and support NAT problems / sudden packet loss in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My NAT is currently open after checking the UPnP box :D. I had UPnP checked on my router, but I guess I missed it when logging in to my modem. If I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TubbyHero, Mar 29, 2014.

  1. TubbyHero
    TubbyHero Guest

    NAT problems / sudden packet loss


    My NAT is currently open after checking the UPnP box NAT problems / sudden packet loss :D. I had UPnP checked on my router, but I guess I missed it when logging in to my modem. If I have any more trouble, I will return to this forum. Thank you for the help, GZA!
     
    TubbyHero, Oct 31, 2018
    #16
  2. TubbyHero Win User

    NAT problems / sudden packet loss

    Signal strength is my main concern, just curious as to which is better for that. I'll have to figure it out by testing around the house. I am port forwarding through my modem, and it is asking for a "local ip adr" and I'm confused as to what exactly that
    is. I've tried to follow the port forward guide and website that xbox.com promotes, but they did not have my modem model, nor did they have my router model. So now I am kind of stumped. There is a lot of talk about static ip addresses and manually entering
    ip addresses on the console. I'm just confused on what I should enter as "local ip adr" and if any further action is needed on my Xbox One and 360.
  3. TubbyHero Win User

    NAT problems / sudden packet loss

    I understand. I'm just wondering if I should even bother with my router now. I have figured out the password for my modem's wifi signal, which my greedy ISP would not give me without charging me a monthly fee. So, I'm wondering if I should just portforward
    on my modem. What do you think?
  4. RobertBuckalew Win User

    NAT problems / sudden packet loss

    I hate wireless.....run a cable ...... will need to give the x1 a static ip and forward a few ports if you router dosent have the upnp thingy ...... lots of nat info here....

    forums.xbox.com/.../1625236.aspx
  5. TubbyHero Win User

    NAT problems / sudden packet loss

    My NAT is currently open after checking the UPnP box :D. I had UPnP checked on my router, but I guess I missed it when logging in to my modem. If I have any more trouble, I will return to this forum. Thank you for the help, GZA!
  6. jmcode Win User

    NAT problems / sudden packet loss

    The first thing I would suggest is making sure UPnP is enabled on the Cisco. See pp. 50-51 of the manual here:

    www.cisco.com/.../4028630.pdf

    If UPnP is enabled and if it is a good working implementation of UPnP (a big if), you should not need to forward ports manually to get open NAT (test on the Xbox again). Otherwise, when forwarding ports manually, the local IP address is the IP address of
    the device (e.g. your Xbox) to which you want to forward the port. You can find the current IP address in the Xbox network settings. Because that DHCP IP address can change over time, you really need to assign a static IP to the Xbox and forward to that.
    However, some have experienced problems setting the Xbox One to a static IP...
Thema:

NAT problems / sudden packet loss

Loading...
  1. NAT problems / sudden packet loss - Similar Threads - NAT problems sudden

  2. Having problems with NAT

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Having problems with NAT: I keep checking my NAT and it’s showing double NAT detected. Nothing I’ve tried works and it’s impacting games not loading like BF2 keeps error coding. 75692081-89d1-4b92-b95c-ff23c1522739
  3. my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help

    in XBoX on Consoles
    my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help: Having problems with network P2pU cant get it working, my Nat is moderate and i need to get it open? Pls help 97599c18-a918-440f-8f40-e87bc695b8cc
  4. NAT problem

    in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problem: I was using a Fritz 5530 fibre box, the wifi started having a fault, the port sharing was working fine making the NAT open, but now it can't find a port. Change the Fritz to the 7590, this having...
  5. Nat type problems

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type problems: I got a new xbox series x after having the xbox one x for a few years with no problems, the day after i set everything up on my new xbox both of them have a strict nat type and an unavailable uPnP...
  6. EOLO-Xbox NAT and static IP problems

    in XBoX on Consoles
    EOLO-Xbox NAT and static IP problems: Good morning, I have an Xbox S series connected to the Eolo wifi network. I have two problems: NAT appears to be limited despite having opened all the necessary ports on the router. Furthermore,...
  7. Is double NAT a problem on Xbox series s?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Is double NAT a problem on Xbox series s?: Hi! When I open the internet setting on my xbox, it says ,,double NAT connected". It's the same for both wireless and wired connection. Is it a problem and if it is what can I do about it?...
  8. i have problem with Nat type strict on windows 11

    in XBoX on Consoles
    i have problem with Nat type strict on windows 11: so recently i downloaded forza horizon 5 on windows 11. but i can not play online . and it says I have nat type strict . I looked for a solution on youtube and others but it didn't work. anyone...
  9. How to fix my UPnP and nat type problem

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my UPnP and nat type problem: I have a problem with my upnp which says "upnp not successful " and I have another problem with my nat type which always says strict so how can i fix it 6d9c2cd6-f18b-4140-b096-3dabb31d7a40
  10. NAT problem and incorrect video resolution

    in XboX Insiders
    NAT problem and incorrect video resolution: Hello, with the ALPHA 2104 ring updates I noticed two problems that I never had before, I have already reported the problems several times also from the console, with the app it reports a problem....