NAT is open / party chat doesn't work - "we can't find a microphone for these people"

Discus and support NAT is open / party chat doesn't work - "we can't find a microphone for these people" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've spent about 6 hours trying to solve this, and was on the phone with Microsoft Support and my ISP Support. No one has been able to help yet. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xxxBrickTamland, Jul 13, 2017.

1. NAT is open / party chat doesn't work - "we can't find a microphone for these people"

I've spent about 6 hours trying to solve this, and was on the phone with Microsoft Support and my ISP Support. No one has been able to help yet.

My NAT is open, and my Network Settings on Xbox show ipv4 and ipv6. Every time I try to Party Chat it says "We can't find a microphone for these people". Once in a while it will work for a few seconds, which I believe to be the network switching between ipv4
    and ipv6. I very strongly believe this has to do with the ipv6 side of things. So my goal is to somehow get it to only use ipv4.

I've tried UPnP, setting up all the open ports manually, manual ipv4 network settings, etc, etc. It seems like this would be a very common issue with anyone that has a network adapter that is ipv6 capable. Also, I cannot disable ipv6 within my router, and Google
    has confirmed that. I've tried the Teredo filter too but Google told me they don't use one so that shouldn't be an issue.

ANY help would be VERY greatly appreciated.

:)

xxxBrickTamland, Jul 13, 2017
  2. We can't find mic for these people

We have an XBOX one and no one can hear me. In party chat it shows "We can't find a microphone for these people" Please advise

CalculousStar90, Jul 13, 2017
  3. headset problems

Hi there,

We have headset problems. The two headsets we have have gone dead and we bought a new headset to verify it is not the headset and that doesn't work either. There is no sound and we get "can't find a microphone" message when we try to start a party. The NAT
    is open we have reset the X-Box one. We've checked online privacy settings etc. so are now stuck

ActingPancake1, Jul 13, 2017
  4. NAT is open / party chat doesn't work - "we can't find a microphone for these people"

I think this is a hardware issue rather than a connection issue. If it was your connection the party would read "Disconnected" I would personally try to barrow another controller and another mic from a friend and try them vice versa with your controller
    and mic (mic 1 with controller 2, controller 1 with mic 2, and controller 2 with mic 2).

Good luck.

Poolside Speedo, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Zenosos
    Zenosos Guest
    not much of a fix but I had similar problem all the time when I get disconnected and reconnected to party chat usually turning off controller n turning on again can fix it, but could be a different problem try using different hardware mic n controller and
    see if that helps.

Zenosos, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Zenosos Win User

NAT is open / party chat doesn't work - "we can't find a microphone for these people"

I think this is a hardware issue rather than a connection issue. If it was your connection the party would read "Disconnected" I would personally try to barrow another controller and another mic from a friend and try them vice versa with your controller
    and mic (mic 1 with controller 2, controller 1 with mic 2, and controller 2 with mic 2).

Good luck.
    not much of a fix but I had similar problem all the time when I get disconnected and reconnected to party chat usually turning off controller n turning on again can fix it, but could be a different problem try using different hardware mic n controller and
    see if that helps.
  7. Poolside Speedo Win User

Good luck.
  8. Hot Glu Win User

Can't use party chat?

This is with all games Mister Urkel. From the home screen, party chat doesn't work. Open NAT's, once the party has begun. One person can enter party chat but then the other person gets a message saying "can't open party chat at this time, try again later"
    or something close to that.
  9. JitinDhillon Win User

Party Chat not working correctly

I cannot chat with anyone using the party chat app today. My NAT type is open, and my friends all have open NAT as well, but we all get "could not start party chat" whenever we try to talk with one another.

It worked at one point in the day but it seems its down again now...
  10. TacticalMoose64 Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live Parties

I also have the same problem with my xbox one, however my NAT type is open. When I invite people to a party, it will work for a second then we will both take turns connecting, we then are both connecting, then it says “party chat is blocked for some people
    in the party” even though we both enabled it in the privacy settings.
Thema:

1. NAT is open / party chat doesn't work - "we can't find a microphone for these people" - Similar Threads - NAT open party

2. I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I moved to a new house and can no longer get Open NAT: I had my setup completely dialed at my last apartment. We moved to a new place with the same internet service (new ONT box) and I’ve tried everything from UPnP to DMZ to try to get an open NAT....
  3. I cant get my nat type from univailable to open

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get my nat type from univailable to open: I cant get my nat type from univailable to open been tryinnfŕëøee77 c6c7b946-74df-408c-8300-a83127560127
  4. my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help: Having problems with network P2pU cant get it working, my Nat is moderate and i need to get it open? Pls help 97599c18-a918-440f-8f40-e87bc695b8cc
  5. Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful: Series x i get it set up so its open and works fine, within a few days its reverted to strict nat, and upnp unsussesful. Ive set up staric ip and dmz server made sure relevant ports are open and...
  6. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  7. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  8. cant join parties even thought its NAT open

in XBoX on Windows
    cant join parties even thought its NAT open: I can make my own party just fine, but when anyone joins i get an error. when i try to join a discord voice chat i also get an error. i cant show a screenshot right now because this happened over...
  9. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  10. Can you get an open NAT with 5G broadband?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you get an open NAT with 5G broadband?: Our home wifi is very low (8mps) so we got an E 5G home hub. Except both our Xbox X would only get a closed NAT type meaning joining party chat wouldn’t work. I’m not sure how to go around this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find a mic for this person