Narrator won't turn off on Home Screen

Discus and support Narrator won't turn off on Home Screen in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My kids thought it would be funny to turn on narrator and now it cannot be turned off. I am aware of two ways to enable/disable it through "Settings >... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by turbofeet, Sep 14, 2022.

1. turbofeet
    turbofeet Guest

My kids thought it would be funny to turn on narrator and now it cannot be turned off.

I am aware of two ways to enable/disable it through "Settings > Accessibility > Narrator" and also by holding the Xbox button and clicking the Start button.

In both cases the narrator is Unchecked however even if you check the box to turn it on it immediately reverts to its off state.

I am permanently listening to some Tool reading everything out. Very annoying.

I assume its a bug but anyone have any ideas?

I have restarted it (fully turned it off and on again) but the issue remains.

I loathe to factory reset it. Its an Xbox Series X with additional Seagate storage as well as a 5tb game drive...

:)

turbofeet, Sep 14, 2022
  2. turbofeet Win User

A Power cycle fixed it! I was ready to reset it.

Thank you very much for the help. Much appreciated.

Sorry it took me a few days to see this message hence the late reply.

All the best.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Turbofeet, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work I'm sorry but resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the last option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Announcing Commands

That's the Xbox Narrator. Follow these steps to turn it off:

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

Go down to the fifth tab and select Settings.

Scroll left and select the default option, All Settings.

The bottom option in Settings is Ease of Access. Scroll down to it and then scroll right to find and select Narrator.

The focus will default to the area where you can turn narrator on and off again. Press the A button on your controller to turn the narrator on. To turn it off, press the A button again.
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?

The "Narrator"....

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

2.Go down to the fifth tab and select Settings.

3.Scroll left and select the default option, All Settings.

4.The bottom option in Settings is Ease of Access. Scroll down to it and then scroll right to find and select Narrator.

5.The focus will default to the area where you can turn narrator on and off again. Press the A button on your controller to turn the narrator on. To turn it off, press the A button again.
  6. REN AERO Win User

Narration

Dear
    Jean1Land

Here is one method

Turn off the Narrator From the Power Menu
    Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until the power menu opens.

Press the menu button (three horizontal lines) to turn off the narrator.

Return to the home screen, and verify that the narrator is off.

Follow link for further options:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-narrator-on-xbox-one-4571010

Happy Gaming. :)
Thema:

1. Narrator won't turn off on Home Screen - Similar Threads - Narrator won't turn

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  5. Friends won't appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends won't appear online: I'm on Xbox s, I play with my bro all the time with him inviting me in. Recently all of my friends even him no longer show up online even when I'm in a game with them, says last online 29 days...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  8. Narrator keeps coming up on Discovery Plus even though it is unchecked in the accessibility...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Narrator keeps coming up on Discovery Plus even though it is unchecked in the accessibility...: I just wanna watch some spooky paranormal investigation without having to hear "paused at [invert time here]" every time I'm pausing or playing the video. 68dc09a8-efb6-4a23-9e83-45e990c08642
  9. Narrator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Narrator: My narrator is yapping but I don't have narrator on it just started recently but I was just starting Minecraft legends ad67373d-5c0a-4587-b04d-37aac98aa694
  10. How to turn screen narration off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn screen narration off: My Xbox one is doing this weird thing where once I launch a game some kind of screen narration turns on. Screen narration does not work on main Xbox screens only when in a game which is mildly...