Name Change

Discus and support Name Change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently signed into my xbox profile on both my console and on my computer on the website. I had noticed that when i signed in, my gamer tag was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChicknIceCoffee, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Name Change

I recently signed into my xbox profile on both my console and on my computer on the website. I had noticed that when i signed in, my gamer tag was automatically changed. To change my name back or create a different gamer tag it says that it will still
    charge me. However i was recently made aware that if my name was force changed i would get a free name change but that is not the case. Would i be able to get a free gamer tag change or at least be told a reason for my gamertag being changed in the first
    place?

:)

ChicknIceCoffee, Feb 2, 2014
  2. GronTron
    GronTron Guest
    Name Change

When you called phone support, they should have been able to help you there. I don't think the forum/chat team would be able to make those changes. I would probably suggest calling phone support back, tell them that your full name(if it is your full name)
    is in your gamertag and would like it changed.

GronTron, Feb 2, 2014
  3. Name Change

a week ago i purchased microsoft points to change my name, when i wasnt home my brothers thought it would be hilarious to change my gamertag to my real name. I obviously dont want people to see my real name as my gamertag if you can understand. Ive been
    having freinds report my gamertag so that i can change it for free, but i dont want to get banned. I have emailed and called xbox support and they both said that i should post a forum. Im hoping that you can help in some way.

Michael Kranker, Feb 2, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Name Change

The policy on forced name changes recently change. Instead of giving you a free change, they now give you a random gamertag. If you want to change it you have to pay the $10. If you need a reason why your name was changed, you'll need to post here -

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Smwutches, Feb 2, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Name Change