Name change

Discus and support Name change in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I put in my real name when I created my Microsoft email account. A while ago I made an Xbox account, using my Microsoft email address, and I put in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RaynaSunshine, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Name change

I put in my real name when I created my Microsoft email account. A while ago I made an Xbox account, using my Microsoft email address, and I put in a fake name for that. I want to change it to my real name, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.
    When I go to "Edit Profile" in my email account to change my name, there is nothing to edit...because my name shows up there as my real one. BUT, my fake name is in the right hand corner and if I send an email to someone, my fake name appears as the
    sender. Even though my name is recorded in my profile and account settings as my real one! I have tried to change my name on my Xbox account, and there is simply no option I can find to do so. I just want to change my Xbox account name, why do I have to jump
    through flaming hoops to change my own name??

:)

RaynaSunshine, Oct 1, 2018
  2. GronTron
    GronTron Guest
    Name Change

When you called phone support, they should have been able to help you there. I don't think the forum/chat team would be able to make those changes. I would probably suggest calling phone support back, tell them that your full name(if it is your full name)
    is in your gamertag and would like it changed.

GronTron, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Name Change

a week ago i purchased microsoft points to change my name, when i wasnt home my brothers thought it would be hilarious to change my gamertag to my real name. I obviously dont want people to see my real name as my gamertag if you can understand. Ive been
    having freinds report my gamertag so that i can change it for free, but i dont want to get banned. I have emailed and called xbox support and they both said that i should post a forum. Im hoping that you can help in some way.

Michael Kranker, Oct 1, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Name change

Hello Rayna,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Try these steps!

1. Go to account.xbox.com/profile
    2. Under your Gamertag, Select Customize
    3. Under your name, Select "Name Sharing Settings"
    4. Select Update Settings

You will have to verify your account to access settings past this point. You should be able to update your name from here!

Hope this helps and let us know the results

XBF Chris J, Oct 1, 2018
  5. I hadn't even gotten around to trying that suggestion when the problem got resolved! My real name is now properly linked to my email. I can only assume someone made some system changes. Either way, thank you very very much!

RaynaSunshine, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Name change