MyVIP Boost Question

Discus and support MyVIP Boost Question in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi! Just wondering if i use gift card currency to purchase preorder games. That will count myvip boost, right? Thanks! Jeff... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by jeff1205, Feb 19, 2017.

1. jeff1205
    jeff1205 Guest

MyVIP Boost Question

Hi!

Just wondering if i use gift card currency to purchase preorder games.

That will count myvip boost, right?

Thanks!

Jeff

:)

jeff1205, Feb 19, 2017
  2. K1cks
    K1cks Guest
    MyVIP Boost

That's kind of crazy. The requirements for stars are already crazy. Now spending that amount doesn't count towards it because of them being pre-orders?

K1cks, Feb 19, 2017
  3. K1cks
    K1cks Guest
    MyVIP Boost

I'm not sure what is going on. The FAQ for the MyVIP Boost says that purchases between February 1 and February 28 count towards the $75 required to get the bonus star.

In that time I've purchased "For Honor Deluxe" (February 12), "Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe" (February 12), and "Metro Redux Bundle" (February 12). My status looks like it only shows the $6 Metro purchase. What's going on?

MyVIP Boost Question [​IMG]

K1cks, Feb 19, 2017
  4. MyVIP Boost Question

Pre-orders, in-game consumables, and subscriptions are NOT eligible for MyVip (which would include the MyVip Boost). However, they type of currency used would not matter as long as the purchase is eligible.

Murphs-A47006C9-2185-475E-9A8D-0764BA5872CE, Feb 19, 2017
  5. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Hello jeff1205,

As Murphs says, from the FAQ for that offer:

Which content is eligible for this offer?

You must spend at least $125 before tax on qualifying MyVIP content from the Xbox Store and Microsoft Movies & TV during the offer period. Most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify, including full Games on Demand titles (game pre-orders
    do NOT qualify), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game season passes, themes, and avatar items. From Microsoft Movies & TV, qualifying content includes movies, TV shows, and TV seasons. However, in-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, Groove
    Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points or Xbox Gift Cards do not qualify.

XBLRewards8, Nov 3, 2018
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

MyVIP Boost Question

Hello jeff1205,

As Murphs says, from the FAQ for that offer:

You must spend at least $125 before tax on qualifying MyVIP content from the Xbox Store and Microsoft Movies & TV during the offer period. Most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify, including full Games on Demand titles (game pre-orders
    do NOT qualify), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game season passes, themes, and avatar items. From Microsoft Movies & TV, qualifying content includes movies, TV shows, and TV seasons. However, in-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, Groove
    Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points or Xbox Gift Cards do not qualify.
  7. Murphs-A47006C9-2185 Win User

MyVIP Boost Question

Pre-orders, in-game consumables, and subscriptions are NOT eligible for MyVip (which would include the MyVip Boost). However, they type of currency used would not matter as long as the purchase is eligible.
  8. Smwutches Win User

MyVIP Boost

Preorders do not count towards VIP. For Honor and Ghost Recon would have counted towards your Games on Demand punchcard, but not your VIP progress.
  9. XBLRewards8 Win User

MyVIP Boost

Hello K1cks,

Pre-orders are not eligible for MyVIP. This has been outlined in our FAQ ever since we began the MyVIP system:

What content on the Xbox Store is eligible for MyVIP?

Normally, most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify, including full Games on Demand titles (excluding game pre-orders), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game Season Passes, movies, TV shows, TV seasons, themes and avatar
    items. In-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, Groove Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points or Xbox Gift Cards, still do not qualify.

This is also reiterated in the FAQ for this offer:

You must spend at least $75 before tax on qualifying MyVIP content from the Xbox Store and Microsoft Movies & TV during the offer period. Most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify, including full Games on Demand titles (game pre-orders

Your two pre-orders and your earlier pre-order in January completed the Games on Demand offer, and the offer completion Credits for that were recently deposited in our end of month deposit cycle.
  10. XBLRewards8 Win User

MyVIP Boost

Hello Sliverin,

After investigating your purchase, we see that it was named as a pre-order, which caused it to not go toward the VIP Boost offer. We will adjust your account and award the bonus star manually. You should see this change over the course of the next 1-3 days.
Thema:

MyVIP Boost Question

1. MyVIP Boost Question - Similar Threads - MyVIP Boost Question

2. Xbox live rewards myVIP boost

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live rewards myVIP boost: hello, in the last few months you were running a promotion to boost your myVIP stars. It was to make an amount of purchases in an alloted time and I would be boosted from 3 stars to 4 stars. I...
  3. one-time offer to boost your MyVIP

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    one-time offer to boost your MyVIP: Hi I got an Email saying: "You came so close to reaching 4 Stars in 2016. That is why we are sending you a special, one-time opportunity to get an extra Star. Just spend £75 in the Xbox Store or...
  4. MyVIP Boost

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP Boost: Have purchased over $150 worth of items yet its not showing on the Boost offer page. Purchased Halo Wars 2 ultimate on the 21st ( not a pre order ) which was $119 so met my $115 requirement just...
  5. MyVIP Star Boost Offer

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP Star Boost Offer: Have purchased over $150 worth of items yet its not showing on the Boost offer page. Purchased Halo Wars 2 ultimate which was $119 so met my $115 requirement just with that title, but as of 28th,...
  6. MyVIP Star Boost issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP Star Boost issue: Hey, I wanted to see if you guys could help me with a problem i'm having with the MyVIP Star Boost mission, I bought Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition for $119.95 on the 20/02/17 (when the game was...
  7. MyVIP star boost>

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP star boost>: I did not read the hole service correctly about pre orders not counting. Is it really not possible to make it count as i made a mistake by thinking it did. (I pre ordered mass effect). If its not...
  8. MyVIP star boost>

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP star boost>: I did not read the hole service correctly about pre orders not counting. Is it really not possible to make it count as i made a mistake by thinking it did. (I pre ordered mass effect). If its not...
  9. MyVIP Boost

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP Boost: I'm not sure what is going on. The FAQ for the MyVIP Boost says that purchases between February 1 and February 28 count towards the $75 required to get the bonus star. In that time I've purchased...
  10. Problem w/MyVIP Star Boost Offer

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem w/MyVIP Star Boost Offer: I made about or over the $100.00 for qualifying content and have yet to see any updates. ee8cac74-5788-42e6-a9a6-cb170f6cfd49