Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP

Discus and support Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! We are wondering what is going on here: It started 3 weeks ago. Before that eveything was ok. But suddenly we had constant 83% packet loss,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by deranged dream1, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP

Hi! We are wondering what is going on here: It started 3 weeks ago. Before that eveything was ok. But suddenly we had constant 83% packet loss, sometimes even 100%, but mostly exactly 83%. The internet connection is good and stable when we use our laptops,
    without any packet loss. We have 6-7 MB/sec down and 1 up. Only the Xbox One has these issues.

First we thought it must be XboxOne server issues, but now we wonder if something fishy is going on (throtteling?) and what can be done about it.

For when we connected our Xbox via a different provider, via mobile Internet, we had Zero packet loss!! Then we managed to connect our Xbox via VPN. Again zero packet loss!!

We contacted our ISP and they insist that there is nothing wrong on their side, we should rather contact Xbox.

We are located in Egypt, and the regime is currently enforcing their control over the internet and have started blocking VOIP-services including Magic Jack, Vonage, Skype, Whatsapp etc

Have our issues to do with some kind of blocking or throtteling? What other reasons can there be?

PS: VPN would solve the issue, but it is a hassle to set up and we could not get Multiplayer to work (We used internet sharing from Windows 10 laptop via Connectify app)

Additional information:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Egypt

Modem and router brand & model number: TP-Link TD-W8961ND (we also tested Huawei router from our ISP and had the same issues)

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?: 1

Wired or Wireless (for each console): wired

Things you have tried: see above

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown: Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?: NAT OPEN

Any Error Codes you encounter: no

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider): TeData

Thanks for your time and help!

:)

deranged dream1, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Dmacxxx77
    Dmacxxx77 Guest
    100% packet loss?

Yeah I'm still having problems with it. My packet loss is down to 7% now with a 200ms ping which is double what it usually is. CoDAW is really laggy for me still. I've tried hard resetting, different network cables, nothing seems to be working. My PC has
    0% packet loss and 25ms ping. So I don't think it's my home network or ISP.

Dmacxxx77, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Chrome IX
    Chrome IX Guest
    100% packet loss?

Also having 100 percent packet loss ISP Comcast, can not find a problem with ISP or Router

Chrome IX, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Amalgamia289 Win User

Battlefield V - Verbindungsprobleme via VPN umgehen zulässig? (Mod Translation: Battlefield V-bypass connection issues via VPN?)

I used my ISPs DNS and tried changing to OpenDNS, but no matter what i suffer regular packet loss due to the server of Unitymedia. I made this experience on BF4 in the past... i somewhat forgot about, because it was on PC... then i got myself BFV for Xbox
    and suffer the same problems once again. So it must be my ISPs Server, still dropping packets. I used a VPN on PC back then, but that was a different story, because it's something built in you can use, while Xbox One can only be hung into a VPN by using 3rd
    Party Hardware.

Br
  5. Chrome IX Win User

100% packet loss?

Also having 100 percent packet loss ISP Comcast, can not find a problem with ISP or Router
  6. ShadowFlame07 Win User

Any updates on the outage?

83% packet loss. I've had high packet loss before and still been able to get on my apps, it won't let me on my games nor my apps, please Xbox fix this cause I'm getting sick and tired of waiting on this and then a new problem arises that we have to wait
    on. I'm bout to switch to PS4at least when their crap goes down they get warnings.
  7. Dmacxxx77 Win User

100% packet loss?

Yeah I'm still having problems with it. My packet loss is down to 7% now with a 200ms ping which is double what it usually is. CoDAW is really laggy for me still. I've tried hard resetting, different network cables, nothing seems to be working. My PC has
    0% packet loss and 25ms ping. So I don't think it's my home network or ISP.
  8. TubbyHero Win User

NAT problems / sudden packet loss

Signal strength is my main concern, just curious as to which is better for that. I'll have to figure it out by testing around the house. I am port forwarding through my modem, and it is asking for a "local ip adr" and I'm confused as to what exactly that
    is. I've tried to follow the port forward guide and website that xbox.com promotes, but they did not have my modem model, nor did they have my router model. So now I am kind of stumped. There is a lot of talk about static ip addresses and manually entering
    ip addresses on the console. I'm just confused on what I should enter as "local ip adr" and if any further action is needed on my Xbox One and 360.
Thema:

Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP

1. Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP - Similar Threads - Mysterious sudden 83%

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.: Hello, I was trying to call someone on discord and the camera wasn't working so i checked if it was working anywhere else and it consistently does this thing where it just shows an icon of a...
  4. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  5. Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding: So my Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset, midgame just stopped working. I’ve been using it for about a year and no problems till now. All of a sudden the sound stopped coming through and no...
  6. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  7. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  8. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  9. xbox accessories app. 2 of the 3 profiles have mysteriously changed to default, leaving me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox accessories app. 2 of the 3 profiles have mysteriously changed to default, leaving me...: I used to have 3 different configured profiles on the xbox accessories app, which I could change between, while playing, at any moment using my controller profile button . now 2 of the profiles,"...
  10. Minecraft mysteries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft mysteries: Okay so I’m asking this off of a point where I got a recent suspension a few weeks ago that I already finished but I don’t know if this is related or not but I just got a recent message when...