my xbox wont read any game discs

Discus and support my xbox wont read any game discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an old Xbox One s possibly 5-6 years old, and recently it started to stop reading and the discs that I put in, I even tried to change the power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir_Laughs_alot, Jun 25, 2023.

1. my xbox wont read any game discs

I have an old Xbox One s possibly 5-6 years old, and recently it started to stop reading and the discs that I put in, I even tried to change the power settings, what is the repair cost?

:)

Sir_Laughs_alot, Jun 25, 2023
  2. wildfires101 Win User

Problem with the disk entry

my xbox 360 is the old white with silver disc tray and it wont read read my black ops 2 and the disc is super clean and my warrenty is voided since my dad took my xbox apart to clean it and now it wont read any discs and it was fine yesterday since it read
    my black ops 2 disc in 1 go and the rest of my games in 1 go and i am just really confused why my xbox wont read any discs anymore and it read newer games perfectly also does the 3 ring of death effect the disc reading since i have had my xbox have the 3 ring
    of death 6 times and was fine until today so if anyone has any idea's to help me please message me and sorry for my lack of punctuation since i dont use grammar on the internet
  3. Jonny306 Win User

Can you hear the disc spinning?
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern.

I am very sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Can you try clearing your system cache by performing a power cycle by following the steps below?

To do this:

Remove the disc first.

For Xbox One:

- Go to the Home screen.

- Press the Menu button on the controller.

- Select Settings.

- Go to Sleep Mode & Start-Up

- Select Shut Down.

For Series X|S:

- Open Settings on Xbox.

- Select the General tab.

- Click on Power Options.

- Under the “Options” section, click the “Shutdown now” option.

- Click the “Shut down” button.

For BOTH methods, it is more effective by unplugging the power cord for 1 minute after putting the console down.

Once done, power up the console and see if the issue continues.
  5. Jonny306 Win User

6. Sir_Laughs_alot Win User

how long would it take and how much is it?
Thema:

1. my xbox wont read any game discs - Similar Threads - wont read game

2. Why Wont my Xbox One X Read Xbox One X games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Wont my Xbox One X Read Xbox One X games?: I recently purchased an Xbox One X, I went to put Hogwarts Legacy for series X disc into the console, and it says the disc needs to be played in an Xbox One X… ce4ce58d-22c6-496f-a9f1-8e09c60af3f7
  3. I would like some help, my Xbox wont read my game, but will read others. As far as I know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like some help, my Xbox wont read my game, but will read others. As far as I know...: I would like some help, my Xbox won't read my game, but will read others. As far as I know it is the one game though. 27f7c59d-dd1d-43b1-917b-48ba3cff2425
  4. Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does: I want to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on my Xbox 360, but it says unrecognized disc when I go to the menu of the game. However, when I tried it on my Xbox one, it read just fine no issues....
  5. Xbox One Wont read game discs at all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Wont read game discs at all: Hello! I haven't been playing on my XBone for a while now, and wanted to come back to it. I start it, update it for quite some time, and try to play the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for...
  6. Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks.: A while ago I bought Xcom 2 Brand new I installed it on my Xbox one X and it played fine for a while then stopped, I recently bought a Brand new copy of Sudden Strike 4 and it refused to even...
  7. XBOX WONT LET ME PURCHASE A GAME PLS READ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX WONT LET ME PURCHASE A GAME PLS READ: I am trying to buy COD World At War on Xbox One. I have updated my payment options with my debit card, but when I go to purchase the game, it says "You have no valid payment options on file....
  8. My xbox wont read one game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox wont read one game.: Now you are thinking my xbox laser is broken. But every other game i have works i even took said game to a friends and it works on his console. I had two friends bring copies of the game in...
  9. XBOX1 Wont read game disc and was told to come here for help

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX1 Wont read game disc and was told to come here for help: Was told to come here by rep i was speaking to on the phone 47df65d0-59ad-404b-b295-e0a9e24bd914
  10. Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD: So, 2 week old Xbox One, fine apart from the Microsoft hack on 25th Dec. Turned it on yesterday and....wont now play 3 of the 5 games installed (installed from Disc NOT download). Tried the DVD...