My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

Discus and support My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cam Witham, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Cam Witham
    Cam Witham Guest

I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine

:)

Cam Witham, Mar 14, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Cam! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues launching games and apps on your console.

• If you haven't already, would you mind giving this a try?

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your console for 5 minutes.
    - Turn your modem/router off and unplug it for a few minutes.
    - Plug everything back together.
    - Turn your console on.
    - Sign in to your account and try launching one of your games.

• If the previous doesn't work, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?
    - Are you getting any error codes/messages when this happens?
    - Besides 2K24 and Spotify, is this happening with any other games or apps?
    - Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. xLoSxBU11ETZz Win User

So I recently Bought Soulcalibur V On The Xbox Marketplace. I Went To Let It Download And It Keeps Popping Up That It Stopped. I Stay On The Xbox Home So I Can Download It and It Keeps Doing It. Anyone Able To Help Me?

I Am Using An Ethernet And It Is Set For United States Which Is Where I Live Its Just It Wont Download I Bought It But It Wont Download On My Account.
  4. GhostNinelives Win User

Can’t download Left 4 Dead 2

Im having the exact same issue. I bought the game from the Xbox Store on their website and when I go to the game page it wont let me download.

It just says “You Own this Game” and when I press “Install” it just makes the noise and there is no que that indicates that the game is downloading.

I don’t know if the download is bugged or if it’s just my console.
  5. SamuelTeal Win User

Why wont my games from the store download?

Why wont my games download i bought from the store.
  6. RiDeRnAtIoN13Xx Win User

Reset System?

well i just got microsoft points (1400) and i bought a game (Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2) and its space is 5.62 gb and my xbox box is an 8 gb and it wont download so i tryed to reformat my xbox i did it and it did not work what do i have to do so i
    can download it
Thema:

1. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it - Similar Threads - wont open games

2. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  3. Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open: need a fix asap, tryna play games and party wont work, ive tried everything i can find and nothing has worked. i just need a simple fix for windows 11 home version, i cannot access background apps...
  4. Everything is suddenly laggy and some games wont open

in XBoX on Windows
    Everything is suddenly laggy and some games wont open: Yesterday when I was playing games, everything was fine and was running smoothly but since this morning games has gotten very laggy gaining from 5 to15 fps. I've looked up many tutorials and ask...
  5. Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud: I recently got an xbox series S and I was transferring games from it from the xbox 1s and I tried to open a game and its telling me I have to get an xbox gamepass subscription to play it??? I've...
  6. Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud: I recently got an xbox series S and I was transferring games from it from the xbox 1s and I tried to open a game and its telling me I have to get an xbox gamepass subscription to play it??? I've...
  7. Game wont open/crashes every time + Game Save info missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont open/crashes every time + Game Save info missing: I was told to contact here for help Info on the issue, what Ive done and previous help can be found here https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/431641 __________ Game wont...
  8. game pass games wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass games wont open: I tried playing gang beast and no mans sky and every time I open them it brings up that its not available for my account then proceeds to tell me to sign in and I'm already am so what can i do???...
  9. Certain Game pass games wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain Game pass games wont open: So recently One Piece Pirate warrior 4 was introduced in X box game pass on 8/12/21. So i bought the ultimate membership for this certain game and it wasn't showing in my console so i remotely...
  10. Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC): For days now I've tried every possible solution relating to my problem that I've found and nothing has worked. Any time I try to launch a game i downloaded via game pass using my desktop...