my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ...

Discus and support my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from happening 1f63170d-aad9-475f-af1c-4628801b338e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WittyFawn450519, Nov 30, 2016.

1. my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ...

my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from happening

:)

WittyFawn450519, Nov 30, 2016
  2. Xbox one keeps turning on by itself

like today I woke up and my Xbox one turns on by itself I turn it off a few hours later it turns on again. I disconnect my plug from the wall after turning off my Xbox one I don't know why It keeps turning on by itself I want this to stop but I don't
    know how to stop it

General Zod DHG, Nov 30, 2016
  3. DONBE WESDO
    DONBE WESDO Guest
    Auto start

I cant figure out why my xbox wont turn on when I tell it to. it only turns on by pressing the power button on the controller or the system. But it will turn off when I tell it to. please give me a lot of things to try.

DONBE WESDO, Nov 30, 2016
  4. pd730 Win User

XBox TV Remote Control

I can't figure out how to have my Harmony One NOT turn on the Xbox One. I think it's pretty cool to say "Xbox On", but if you add the One to any activity for the Harmony, it's going to turn it on itself. Anybody else trying to do that and figure it out?
  5. LarryGriggs1 Win User

Xbox One turns off

Yeah tried that, it just turns on for 10 sec and turns right back off, cant figure it out.
  6. WillSmithVXR Win User

XBox TV Remote Control

[quote user="The Ender"]

I can't figure out how to have my Harmony One NOT turn on the Xbox One. I think it's pretty cool to say "Xbox On", but if you add the One to any activity for the Harmony, it's going to turn it on itself. Anybody else trying to do that and figure it out?

[/quote]

I have a Harmony Touch and don't use voice commands for turning the One On or Off.

However if you want your Harmony to not turn The One on or off you can just leave it out of the relevant Activity entirely and just get the Harmony to turn the TV & AV Receiver On and set the correct inputs for both.
  7. SQUISHY EATER Win User

System automatically turns on with tv!?!?!?!?!

I don't know the answer but you are not alone. My xbox just recently started turning on by itself as well. I had to unplug the damn thing to get it to stay off. I am using components so I know it cant be a sytem link thing. Hope they figure it out soon.
  8. Asad Hussein Win User

You guys broke my xbox

My current issue is my xbox turns itself off. I go to turn it on, then it turns off a couple seconds later. Not sure why its happening. All I know is the root problem is the OS update from August you guys put out. Also there is no way it over heated or
    something. I havent even played it in days and it does this.
Thema:

my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ...

1. my xbox will turn on and turn off by itself.. cant figure out why or how to stop this from ... - Similar Threads - turn turn off

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  9. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  10. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...