My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...

Discus and support My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My download and upload speed are fairly below average (17mbps and 1.6mbps), yet haven't been an issue in the past. Latency and MTU also are looking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tom Farrow, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Tom Farrow
    Tom Farrow Guest

My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss...

My download and upload speed are fairly below average (17mbps and 1.6mbps), yet haven't been an issue in the past. Latency and MTU also are looking normal. My wireless connection for phones etc around the house are also working fine, although always pretty poor due to bad infrastructure in the area. Other wired connections such as my TV have also been having issues, so I am wondering if we have an issue within our own system, as the house can built with ethernet ports in each rooms etc, or the ISP is causing us to experience this. i am sure that everything has been set up properly so I am unsure of what the issue is.

Thanks

:)

Tom Farrow, Jan 16, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss and im not sure why.

Hello Tom F! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Its possible its your setup or ISP. One thing you can do to test is connect the console to another unrelated network such as a mobile hotspot to see if it works. If it works fine, then its most likely the network setup/ISP rather than console or Xbox Network.
  3. Saeleth Win User

100% PACKET LOSS

If this is the only device having 100% packet loss in the home and it is a wired connection, honestly I recommend trying a different ethernet cable, but even more than that, try wireless connectivity first.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

100% PACKET LOSS

Hello Pedroso,

After reading through your post here, it is understood that the connection is wired for your Xbox One console, and that you're receiving 100% percent packet loss.

Have you maybe attempted to unplug the ethernet cord and try a wireless connection?

Simply put, a wired connection has more of a likeliness to cause packet loss on an Xbox One console.

You can also try following our multiplayer connection solution support
    article and choose high packet loss as your wizard guide.

We hope this helps.

Best wishes!
  5. BuffaloBuns Win User

100% Loss packets

I am still experiencing 100% packet loss and have been for about 5 hrs now. This is not resolved No changes to my internet or devices. I can browse just fine on my laptops, I am just unable to connect to XBOX LIVE.

53 Mbps down

11 Mbps up

100% packet loss

MTU 1480
  6. Anomaly107 Win User

I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why or how to fix it any suggestions?

I am having the same issue. Both hard wire and wireless, I am having 100% packet loss. I have contacted my internet provider, they have already checked the system and on there end everything is great. On my PC I am having no issues. On my PS5 no issues, no packet loss. However on my xbox series x and my xbox one x, I have 100% packet loss and get booted from online games every 3-6 mins.
Thema:

1. My xbox uses a wired connection through an ethernet, yet I am experiencing 100% packet loss... - Similar Threads - uses wired connection

2. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  3. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  4. Can you use the wired rock band 1 drum set or guitars on the new Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use the wired rock band 1 drum set or guitars on the new Xbox Series X?: So recently I reopened my garage and found my old rock band stuff. I tried to plug it directly into my Xbox Series X to play Fortnite Festival, but it wasn’t getting any inputs. I know they work...
  5. How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router: I’ve been trying to hardwire connect vs wireless but it doesn’t work says problem with hardware 074216dc-c6e3-4a59-8de7-53ea2b3f50b0
  6. My xbox one elite controller will not connect to my pc using a wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one elite controller will not connect to my pc using a wire.: My xbox one elite controller will not connect to my pc using a wire. Its connects via Bluetooth but drops in and out. With wire it does not work and does not appear in my device manager, i have...
  7. why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...: very bad ping spikes when using powera fusion pro 3 wired controller it also happens on ps5 controller and xbox one controller but it doesn't happen when using mouse or keyboard its so annoying...
  8. Why does my Xbox Series X say wired connection in use but there isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X say wired connection in use but there isn't?: I got my new Xbox series x not even 2-3 wks ago and ever since I've had either power outages due to Mother Nature that would cause this issue one time and it was an easy fix I just needed to turn...
  9. Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox connect to my new wifi or let me join parties when I use the wired connection?: ever since I got my new wifi I've been having problems. My Xbox won't connect to the new wifi saying stuff like "incorrect password or incorrect network name" I've checked soo many times trying to...
  10. My Xbox controller dont connect with my wire , they are only charging but i cant use them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller dont connect with my wire , they are only charging but i cant use them.: I can use my controller wireless but as soon as i connect my controllor to a wire i cant use him anymore , and if i want to connect my controller to my pc i get error code 43 and it says device...