My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work

Discus and support My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turn on my Xbox after doing a osu1 update and the display started slowly going as I turned the console off and on 7d987eb4-4e61-47c4-8389-408541436f6f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Truly chesee, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Truly chesee
    Truly chesee Guest

I turn on my Xbox after doing a osu1 update and the display started slowly going as I turned the console off and on

:)

Truly chesee, Sep 2, 2023
  2. Truly chesee Win User

there is no signal to the tv so I cannot do the hard reset
  3. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Shubham. I hope you are well. I'm an Xbox Independent Advisor. I am happy to help you today.

I will suggest for Hard Reset, It is more comprehensive and will clear the cache and restart your console. It is helpful if encountering performance or connectivity issues:

1. Press the Xbox button on the front of the console to open the guide.
    2. Go to the "Profile & System" tab (the person-shaped icon) and select "Settings."
    3. In the Settings menu, choose "System."
    4. Select "Console info."
    5. Choose "Reset console."
    6. You'll have two options: "Reset and remove everything" (factory reset) or "Reset and keep my games & apps" (keeps your content but resets settings).
    7. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with your chosen option.

I hope this will help to solve the issue.
  4. Skully Headshot Win User

EDIT: when I double checked it didn't work, so I hard reset the console (hold power button for at least 10 seconds to power all the way down, then turn back on and wait for the refresh noise) otherwise you settings app might possibly still have your cursor not in the default location. (just learned this) back to the original post:

Here ill just do it, turn on the console, hopefully you've got sound at least. I [hard] restarted my console and will use the dpad so i know i didn't move diagnal. I am on the beta preview ring, so no guarantee this will be the same if you arent. If you know theres a gear at the top of your dashboard that takes you to settings this should work.

At this point you've powered back on and heard the noises of your dashboard welcoming you.

Up>right>right>right>right> It should be okay if you press them more times press and it should still dead end on the gear, the noise not occurring for additional presses would confirm your cursor started in the same place mine did but from this point forward follow exactly

A>right>down>A>A>

I am now in the resolution dropbox hovering over 4K (my current and highest setting)

down> 1440p

down>1080p

down>720

and then up will be the reverse.

In the drop box probably go to the lowest one and if it doesn't work wait 30 seconds (takes 20 for the setting to automatically undo once it put finished putting the new setting thru, and if you cant see anyway why not just wait so you dont mess up.

Disclaimer: If your not on the beta preview ring I can't guarantee the button presses taking you to the same place they took me.

I think it will work tho.. That said this has to be the worst way to do it.
  5. Skully Headshot Win User

If the pair button doesn't work time to start researching the warranty. How did the settings get messed up? Were you using a different TV? If you could go back to the TV it worked on and change the settings there it could be another work around. Alternatively, If you have access to another xbox, or call a friend who gives good instructions you can technically blindly follow their instructions to the graphics settings. Or better yet, stream your console to another screen if you have that setup already. There's [other] ways to do things, its just going to be more annoying and take longer than the right way to do it. Let us know if you need anything.

EDIT: oh yeah and if your going to follow blind instructions make sure you trust the guy. good rule of thumb..
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Xbox shuts off 30 seconds after turning it on

If you have an Xbox Series S, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
Thema:

1. My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work - Similar Threads - turns doesn’t display

2. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  3. My xbox doesn’t turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesn’t turn on.: Hello Microsoft team, I have a question for you and I hope you can help me, I have an xbox one s 1TB from about 2020, and at the moment it doesn't even turn on, I turned it on and the boot...
  4. When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.: When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything. I have tried different hdmi cords, different tv, unplug wait and plug In again, low res start up, nothing has...
  5. My Xbox one S beeps to turn on but doesn’t

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S beeps to turn on but doesn’t: Hello! My Xbox one S hasn’t been used in a while and so when I went to turn it on the button lit up and made the sound but immediately shut down with no shut down sound. I thought the fan may...
  6. Why is my Xbox turning on but not actually on and doesn’t come up on screen doesn’t connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox turning on but not actually on and doesn’t come up on screen doesn’t connect...: when I turn my xbox on the light comes on but my tv says no signal and when I try and connect my controller it doesn’t connect to that, and then you can see the fan slow down and stop then the...
  7. Xbox Series S - Turns on but doesn’t boot and powers off after a minute

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - Turns on but doesn’t boot and powers off after a minute: Hi, I recently have had problems with my Xbox Series S. the console powers on however does not boot and turns itself off after approximately a minute. I have tried new power supply cables and have...
  8. My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...: Currently playing fable 3 and my Xbox just randomly shuts off. Any suggestions other than hard reset? b4c2f001-e52c-4c3a-a2a9-18b5830f4ae3
  9. My controller flashes/blinks twice then doesn’t turn back on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller flashes/blinks twice then doesn’t turn back on.: My controller won’t stay on, I’ve tried different batteries charged. I’ve use usb cables, I even unplugged the console and let it rest and restarted it. When I restarted the console and turned on...
  10. How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?: The power brick is orange. The usb ports pins seem to not be bent. I’ve deep cleaned both the Xbox and power supply making sure there isn’t a single speck of dust left. I’m still left with it...