My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick

Discus and support My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a "sticky button" for my left joystick. It will continue moving for like 10 sec after releasing the stick, and if i move it in the opposite... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pranav Palani, Aug 15, 2022.

1. My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick

I have a "sticky button" for my left joystick. It will continue moving for like 10 sec after releasing the stick, and if i move it in the opposite direction to fight it, it will keep moving after release as well. Doesn't happen all the time but does happen more often than not, this is a series x controller and i feel it should not have this problem. If there is a way to fix it please tell as I dont have warranty for a replacement.

:)

Pranav Palani, Aug 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

To delete any software issue on the controller.

Could you try connecting it to a different device? (Pairing with your phone or connecting it via cable to another device)

Another option would be dowgrande the firmware:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If the issue persists even performing the above, sadly is a hardware issue.
    Probably the stick itself needs to be replaced. But is hard to tell, not all the hardware issues have the same symptoms
  3. Pranav Palani Win User

Hi Josef, thank you for the reply, after looking at the guides i realized i had thought it was sticky buttons but it is something else.

My buttons and joysticks return to their normal place normally. But the controller acts as though the left joystick is still pushed or pulled even though it returns to it's position after release, and makes my character move forward even though it shouldn't.

Again though, if there is a fix please tell, as I have tried the troubleshooting methods and virtual assistant from the support page and they didn't work.

Just to make sure that I said I described it correctly, the buttons and joysticks return normally, but the command inputted into the left joystick continues for 10 seconds.

I am considering getting a new controller but would rather see it fixed. Furthermore, if you know what this is called and how to prevent this, please do tell. Again thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Pranav

May I know if you already tried cleaning the controller with isopropyl alcohol?

If not, please try that.
    In case you need to know more details about it, you can follow these tutorials:

https://www.smarterhomemaker.com/clean-sticky-b...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

**First link is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info. And sorry to hear that
    Indeed, is a hardware issue :c

You can try using your closest electronic repair shop to see if they can find the cause before getting a new one
  6. Pranav Palani Win User

Hi Josef, I connected it to my phone, and it persisted. I checked the firmware it seemed to be fine, I didn't downgrade since this didn't happen after an controller update but randomly one day, as well as this happened on both my xbox series x and phone, meaning it wasn't firmware. It looks like it is hardware and I will have to buy a new controller, thank you Josef.
Thema:

1. My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick - Similar Threads - controller has sticky

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  5. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC)

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC): I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable. I know there is a way to change it in console but I didn't found any in...
  6. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light: I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable submitted by /u/isma_d_h [link] [comments]
  7. Controller warranty has ran out prematurely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller warranty has ran out prematurely: I bought a three year warranty on the 3rd of September 2021 and it shows as warranty expired on the 2/7/2024. I've tried to in touch with an employee but it doesn't work. How do I get in touch...
  8. i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...: i ordered a controller on the 29th march and it has not arrived. it says on the dpd tracking website that it’s been delivered so i downloaded the app and it said it was delivered to somewhere...
  9. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  10. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...