My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

Discus and support My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rohan Inampudi, Sep 29, 2023.

1. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear perfectly fine. I use the headset on my computer and my Xbox Series X, and in both settings, this problem applies. I have tried looking for the answer everywhere but I cannot find it. I even tried tweaking my computer settings, but the mic does not work. My computer's mic works fine and the audio on the headset is flawless, but it is hard to use the headset without a working mic on my Xbox. I would like an answer as this problem is becoming annoying very fast(I do not want to buy a new headset as they are expensive!). Thank you!

:)

Rohan Inampudi, Sep 29, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Since you're experiencing the same issue on different devices, mostly like your headset may be damaged.

You will need to register your device for repairs: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Once you have registered your device, sign in at Device services to see the device's warranty status. If it's within warranty, your repairs will be free otherwise you'll be charged a fee for repairs. For more details on getting your device serviced, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  3. Joaquindimas Win User

Xbox one s Controller not being detected by any device.

sorry for not replying. my other xbox one and series s/x controllers work perfectly fine.
  4. Raist999 Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

Same issue with iPhone headset. Audio works great, in party chat, others here high pitch whistle. While less than desirable, it may be that the adapter is not designed to work with inline mic's. Look at the last item in the list below. "Any 3.5mm stereo
    headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I hope that the headset can work.

From XBOX.COM Headset Adapter page:

For game audio:

- Legacy gaming headsets get game audio from the back of the console from the S/PDIF port or from your TV/receiver with RCA cables. Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable to the adapter

- New Xbox One headsets – get chat and stereo directly from the adapter. No need to connect anything to the console

- Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter
  5. SpeedChaser46 Win User

Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

Update: A new headset I had ordered last week arrived, same issue, though it has separate mic/audio cables I have yet to get an adapter for, Audio cable worked, mic cable just made static while being plugged in/unplugged/twisted. Works flawlessly on my computer,
    audio works on xbox, but mic won't work. I do not have access to a newer controller, and neither of my headsets are official Xbox One stereo headsets.
  6. MoCt Win User

Controller Update for Stereo Headset Adapter Fails

That was the solution. The adapter was bad on the xbox stereo headset. The turtle beach X04's were able to update and are working fine.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset Series

2. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  3. Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?: I have someone in my home looking for a headset who also happens to be very allergic to latex. Does the official Xbox Stereo Headset contain latex? c5a10a76-df97-40ac-80dc-a1361efea164
  4. xbox stereo headset echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox stereo headset echo: i just bought the xbox stereo headset the wired one and my friend says that he can hear himself because of the echo my TV was muted and I really don't want to refund the headset because its...
  5. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  6. Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...: I lost my donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Xbox Wireless Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone, I already contacted pdp support and haven’t gotten an answer, just wondering where I can...
  7. Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello, I tried to use my new Xbox Wireless Headset, already appaired to my series X, on my computer (using bluetooth). Most of the time everything work fine. The two devices are connected...
  8. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I don't want to buy it, so I'm interested in a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter cable. I...
  9. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I'm interested in a converter cable. I have a question though Would this work?...
  10. Need to replace xbox stereo headset cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to replace xbox stereo headset cable: Hi. My wonderful cat chewed through my xb1 headset, I don´t know if the cable could be replaced for another one. 238d02d1-aed4-4e79-975f-676aabbc7840