My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help...

Discus and support My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I'm having trouble with my Xbox series x. Anytime my 4 TB external hard drive is plugged in it will wait for about 10 seconds than the light on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew Ochoa1, Mar 2, 2023.

1. My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help...

Hello I'm having trouble with my Xbox series x. Anytime my 4 TB external hard drive is plugged in it will wait for about 10 seconds than the light on the Xbox will blink twice a and than shut down the console. If I try to turn it on will the external hard drive is still connected it will start up and right before it finishes it will stutter and shut down again. I've connected it to my old Xbox 360 and it pops up so I know it's not a problem with my cord. I have restarted the console and even factory reset it but it still won't work. I don't know why it keeps doing this but this is the only one I have.

Can you give me any advice on what to do or why it blinks twice and turns off.

:)

Matthew Ochoa1, Mar 2, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Seagate External HDD not recognised by Series X

First if it's an xbox series x optimized game moving it to an external drive won't work

Only bc titles that arent patched can

You can look at your library to see which ones are optimized or patched for the fps booster

Only the external nvme for series x Seagate cards work with optimized games
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x seagate from xbox one not showing any games when plugged into the series x

Hi,

Do you still have your Xbox One and does your external hard drive still work on that console?

I have successfully connected both my Seagate 'Game Drive' and my external SSD USB 3.0 drives to my Series S without any problems. All my installed games show up fine.

The Series X/S supports the same external drives as the Xbox One/S/X support. If your drive isn't being detected it's probably become corrupted or has a hardware issue.
  4. Smwutches Win User

External portable hard drive problems?

Any games that are Series S/X optimized can only run on the internal hard drive or the Seagate Expansion card. The external hard drive you are using can only store them.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Storage Device too slow error

Xbox Series X|S games can only be installed on the console's internal storage or the external Seagate SSD card. Link here. External drives are too slow for those games. The external hard drive can only be used to install backward compatible games (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One).
Thema:

My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help...

1. My Xbox series x won't work when my Seagate external hard drive is plugged in, can you help... - Similar Threads - series won't Seagate

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  6. My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s: It all started when I reseted my Xbox cause the party was being weird and after I reseted my youtube didn't work I didn't think much of it cause I was trying to connect to the Xbox network but...
  7. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  8. GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk)

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk): When I put in the first disk into my Xbox it asked for the second disk. I wasn't able to put both of the disks inside so I ejected it and put in the second disk. However when I did that it was not...
  9. Series X won't connect to online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't connect to online games.: My xbox is currently unable to connect to any online games. Each one prompts me with the games own "could not connect to online services." I have tried hard resetting, unplugging and waiting 5...
  10. Blu-Ray won't install on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray won't install on Series X: Previously had Blu-Ray Player on my Xbox Series X, and it worked fine, until today, when it suddenly decided it needed to be connected to Wi-Fi to work, no problem, connected it to Wi-Fi, then...