My Xbox series x won’t stay on past 10 seconds

Discus and support My Xbox series x won’t stay on past 10 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi my Xbox series X has decided it won’t stay on past 10 seconds. The Xbox button is pressed and lights up. I have tried resetting it by pressing the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darren Parker west yorks, Oct 29, 2023.

1. My Xbox series x won’t stay on past 10 seconds

Hi my Xbox series X has decided it won’t stay on past 10 seconds.

The Xbox button is pressed and lights up.

I have tried resetting it by pressing the two buttons at the bottom on my he left and eject buttons after removing the power cord.

The power supply to the machine is fine. The ssd card is working correctly - anyone else had same problem is it the main chip? I’ve had someone look at it and he’s just as baffled .

I managed to get reset once and did reset and changed the settings to not auto turn off.

Managed to upload a new game via disc but again after a couple of hours the console switched off and now won’t do the reset. Any help be much appreciated as I don’t want to spend £290 service fee to find out a replacement is required.

:)

Darren Parker west yorks, Oct 29, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Darren! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X console. I know how frustrating this is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I understand that you already have someone check your console and exhausted the workarounds such as removing the power cord and performing a console reset yet the issue still persists. Based on the description you provided, there is an internal issue with your console.

Kindly try to use different outlets and leave your console unplugged for the internal surge protector to reset itself. Also, the only other option left would be to try a different power cable.

If the issue still persists, I highly suggest having your console check for a free warranty repair option. If your console is no longer covered by warranty, you may also check your out-of-warranty repair option using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

You can also have your console repaired for a cheaper price at your local electronics shop if your console is already out of warranty.

For reference links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nstay-on/ab9e5a95-1bf2-44dc-8919-54756dbeded7

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-seconds/aa04a2a9-b37c-4323-882d-f1015620a364

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-seconds/e22040ba-e727-497c-8b07-7e5f0a7b627a

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Darren Parker west y Win User

Hi Darhyl

Thanks for response we have tried all these options only one not tried was usb reset - but I’ve had a repairer look at it - power supply fine and SSID is working correctly yet will not power up - he has had a ring round his contacts all day may be a chip error this cannot be repaired. I feel cheated as in the past 2 years I’ve used the Xbox during holidays only and not used more than 2 dozen times for limited periods. All in all less than 30 hours usage. And now it’s out of warranty and from what I’ve read on forums is a typical problem as the chips etc are fitted too close to the fan and heat inside the machine and only repairable by Microsoft - out of warranty cost of £290 his is outrageous and I’m not paying that if it can’t be fixed might as well bite the bullet and buy a new one. The warranty on something like this that is so expensive should be at least 5 years.. I’m going to go down the ps5 line I think from now on my brother had one since I bought this and has had no problems .
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response Darren and I totally understand where you are coming from as I'm a gamer myself.

I'm sorry for what happened to your console. I would agree with that instead of paying for the out-of-warranty service, I would consider buying a new Xbox console.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

My series x won’t stay on.

Hi Jessica, I’m Ryan.

Try the recommended troubleshooting in the following support articles:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

Also ensure that your console is well ventilated:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/position-ventilate-console

If the issue persists, it would unfortunately indicate a hardware fault and you’d need to request a repair or replacement:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Here to help.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox Series X won’t stay on

Hello Brian B, My name is oskayra and it would be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We don't work for Microsoft.

Your Xbox Series X may have a hardware problem. If you've tried both recovery methods and neither works, you may need to send your console to Microsoft for repair.

Before shipping the console, you can try the following steps:

Check the cables. Make sure all cables are connected correctly, especially the power cable and HDMI cable.

Try connecting the console to a different power source. If you have another power source available, try connecting it to the console to see if that resolves the issue.

Try restarting the console. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to restart the console.

If none of these steps work, you may need to send your console to Microsoft for repair.

Microsoft will send you an email confirmation when it receives your console. Repair time will depend on the nature of the problem.

I hope the information provided is helpful to you.

Merry christmas.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series x won’t stay on past 10 seconds - Similar Threads - series won’t stay

2. Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile: Xbox Series X won't sign in/add profile I copied this problem from a 3 year old post that found no solutions, hopefully someone has the answer? I’ve tried restarting my Xbox, restarting my...
  3. My series x won’t stay on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x won’t stay on.: It will come on once after fighting with it then it shuts off and won’t come back on but it will make the power button noise any suggestions how do i fix it? 7d50128a-2007-4f27-bd8e-96d8d06bae40
  4. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  5. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  6. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  7. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  8. Xbox Series X won’t stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t stay on: My xbox series x started looping on the bootscreen so I tried to reset it via the Recovery Menu. However it only gets to 5% before the screen goes blank, it comes on again, gets to 5% again and...
  9. Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box: I have just received an Xbox series x. I have it connected to the Wi-Fi via Ethernet and for some reason it won’t stay connected for longer than 2 minutes? I use this same cable for my ps5 which...
  10. My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen: I’ve had my series x for about 6 months now and have had no issues. Last night I went to turn it on but the screen just stayed black. i thought nothing of it until today when i tried it again. I...