My Xbox Series X will not connect to my phone hotspot

Discus and support My Xbox Series X will not connect to my phone hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Phone: Google Pixel 6 Xbox: Series X The Xbox will attempt to connect to my phone hotspot but will fail while checking connection. The error message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnloosedSkink48, Apr 29, 2024.

1. My Xbox Series X will not connect to my phone hotspot

Phone: Google Pixel 6

Xbox: Series X

The Xbox will attempt to connect to my phone hotspot but will fail while checking connection. The error message is as follows: "Can't connect to the internet. If you have a PC, try to connect to the Internet on it. You may have to work with your Internet service provider (ISP) to fix your connection." My hotspot is set to WPA2 settings (as recommended in other question posts). My service provider is AT&T and I have a plan that allows for hotspot usage. My parents are on the same type of plan as me and they can freely connect their PC's to the phone hotspot without a problem so I know it isn't an ISP issue. I have searched for a long time to figure out what is wrong and have come up empty handed, please help me.

:)

UnloosedSkink48, Apr 29, 2024
  2. Daronte Williams Win User

Why won't my hotspot work on my Xbox, it connected once them after a few months it stopped, I can connect it but I can't play any games

I have Xbox series x and I'm using a mobile hotspot and it only happens when I connect it to this hotspot. I've tried resetting my game and my phone
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello UnloosedSkink48,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Series X to your Google Pixel 6 hotspot. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Restart your Xbox Series X and your Google Pixel 6.

2. Make sure that your Google Pixel 6 hotspot is turned on and that it is discoverable by other devices.

3. Check that your Xbox Series X is within range of your Google Pixel 6 hotspot.

4. Try forgetting the network on your Xbox Series X and then reconnecting to it.

5. Check that your Google Pixel 6 hotspot is set to allow other devices to connect to it.

6. Try changing the security settings on your Google Pixel 6 hotspot to WPA or WEP and see if that helps.

7. If none of the above steps work, try contacting Xbox support for further assistance.

If you continue to experience issues, please let me know and I can assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. [EX] Win User

Hi,

I had problems with my mobile hotspot too until I switched it from 5g to 4g.

Works fine now.
  5. Allen Spector1 Win User

Xbox 360 connectivity

Hi, Rodrigo and thank you. Firstly, these games are not only not on the list but when I try them on Xbox series X it says this game cannot be played on this device. In looking further most of it has to do with licensing issues. Secondly, I’m sorry for any confusion, but I use my phone as a mobile hotspot, meaning that I can connect to the Internet by selecting my iPhone for the Internet connection when using other devices they connect to the Internet by using my 5G device. The iPhone is actually how other devices access the Internet.

Maybe this will help to clarify what I’m trying to do. From Google.““can I use my iPhone as a mobile hotspot for other devices? Answer: You can use Personal Hotspot to share a cellular internet connection from your iPhone to other devices. Personal Hotspot is useful when the other devices don't have internet access from a Wi-Fi network.”

I do not use an ISP all of my devices. Use my phone as a mobile hotspot. When I use the iPhone with the Xbox series X my iPhone shows up on the network connections list. There is no such list when I go to set up my network connection with the Xbox 360..

I hope this helps to clarify and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you Again
  6. Namebannedagain Win User

Can't play any backwards compatible discs on Xbox One X

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that the issue seems to be resolved on my Xbox Series X. (Haven't tried the Xbox One X yet). The Microsoft support resource asked me to connect my console to my phone's hotspot and try a backwards compatible disc. It worked - I didn't get that error message, and allowed me to play a game that I had previously installed, and install a new game that I hadn't previously installed. I then switched back to my normal internet connection and it still worked. No idea if pairing to the phone hotspot fixed it, or if Microsoft rectified a service fault but either way it might be worth checking on your side also.

Good luck!

Dave
    Awesome! This worked for my One X. Thank you.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X will not connect to my phone hotspot - Similar Threads - Series connect phone

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  10. My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile...: Hello! My xbox has had a problem for a few months off and on regarding connectivity. Randomly, it wont connect to my home Wi-Fi on startup and will not connect to it, no matter restarting the xbox...