My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app.

Discus and support My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app. If I have a game open the system stays on. It's been this way since I bought it when they first came... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zombie Gamer1, Oct 25, 2023.

1. My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app.

My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app. If I have a game open the system stays on. It's been this way since I bought it when they first came out. It is so frustrating to hear the same excuses given for the behavior. I have it out in the open so it’s not a ventilation problem. I even put a fan by it. I’ve turned the power settings to energy saving, I’ve restarted it, nothing seems to work. It doesn’t do this if I am playing a game or if I leave the system on and I am on the main menu of a game. So, it's not overheating. The minute I close a game and open an app like youtube, the system shuts down about 10 minutes later and then it shuts down after about 20 seconds if I turn it back on and open the same app. I just don't use the apps but it is extremely frustrating that all of the posts indicate overheating. For once, it would be nice hear an honest answer explaining exactly what the issue is. I think the issue is much more common than we are being told. Should I return it and get another one? Send it in for a repair? I don’t want to call up Microsoft because yes I’ve tried cycling the system. No, it doesn’t work!!! It doesn’t give me any kind of error code, it just turns off. If there’s any advice or fix, even if I have to send it in for a repair, it would greatly be appreciated. Also, it would be great to know what the repair is so we know exactly what was defective when we purchased it. How do we know a replacement will not just do the same thing?

:)

Zombie Gamer1, Oct 25, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Zombie G, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Xbox Series S.

It seems that this problem can be caused by several factors, including software, hardware, or even Internet connection problems.

Update your console: Make sure your console is updated with the latest software version.

Restart your console: Press and hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug the power cord and wait 10 seconds. After that, reconnect the cable and turn on the console

Reset your console: If the problem persists, you can try resetting your console to factory settings. This will delete all content and settings from the console, so it is advisable to back up your data before performing this step.

In the worst case scenario that this does not solve your problem, as a player I would recommend having your console repaired or checking that it does not have a hardware problem.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

I'm sorry for everything that happened, I would directly recommend having your console checked for hardware to rule out any problem with any part or something, since we are talking about overheating.
  4. AndrewParkes Win User

green flickers when going to dashboard.xbox series x

I have a series x connected to a Philips Amerlight 65pus8535 I get 5he silver metallic screen playing x/s dedicated games and it also appears while using Disney plus app from my tv apps! Is this a problem with my tv or is it a Dolby vision problem, I have turned off the dolby for gaming and this worked but in the detail list on my Xbox series x it says that the dolby vision may experience distortion?
  5. Big Mac Fan Win User

Xbox Series X stuck on Xbox logo, cannot reset the console

I’ve turned mine on and off again several times and appears ok. Not updated my one x yet. But the series x is ok.
  6. Normal_User113 Win User

Backwards compatibility

My Nat type is open and I turned off my router and still doesn’t work. I want to use the backwards compatibility on my series X not my Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. My xbox series X turns off any time I use an app. - Similar Threads - series turns off

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  5. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  6. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  7. Xbox Series X is immediately turning off after trying turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X is immediately turning off after trying turn it on?: I don't know why but randomly my xbox series x has randomly decided to not turn on, the light will come on, but the fan doesn't start and it shuts off after 5 seconds or so, already cleared out...
  8. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  9. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  10. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...