My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

Discus and support My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Next Tremity, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Next Tremity
    Next Tremity Guest

I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue.

I was met with the "Getting your Xbox 360 info..." page, a blank progress bar, and an endlessly spinning wheel. After about 5-10 minutes eventually the screen fades to black and the 360 game will load, but with no profile signed in. The game will prompt me to sign in, taking me to the 360 interface. I am told I need to "Download your profile to use it on this console". It then shows "Checking network status" with another spinning wheel steadily chugging along. After a while I will eventually receive a Can't Connect error: Can't connect to Xbox Live. Test your network connection, etc. But I am connected to xbox live.

At this time of this issue, my Xbox Series X ran current OS version instead of beta version.

I tried beta update offered by Xbox Insiders to resolve this issue, so the same issue was not resolved. After the same issue was not resolved, I went back to current OS version.

DON'T return your Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S console or send the same Xbox for repair if you experience this issue unless you want to return your same Xbox for unhappy/unwanted-related reasons!You need to waiting for OS update to resolve this issue on your same Xbox.

Save your money!!!

My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games. [​IMG]

My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games. [​IMG]

I tried all solutions and failed:

• Reinstall OS
    • Clear Xbox 360 storage
    • Clear MAC address
    • Factory reset
    • Clear cache
    • Reinstall Xbox 360 games
    • Transfer Xbox 360 games to internal storage
    • Inserted my Xbox 360 game's disc into my Xbox Series X's OPTICAL DISC DRIVE
    • Changing settings for network
    • Tried beta OS update
    • Clear Persistent storage (found in Blu-ray settings)
    • Without log in my profile (skipped Getting Xbox 360 info screen and still failed downloading Xbox 360 profiles)
    • Tried wired from my modem and my phone's personal hotspot

:)

Next Tremity, Jul 23, 2023
  2. teammalibu Win User

Thank you for this informative and descriptive post. This is my exact issue. This is not user side xbox error, or misconfiguration. The server is clearly not responding or returning the information needed for said profile to download.

Xbox is also ignoring this, as I read back through several OS updates and there is nothing listed in "known issues." Very disappointing.
  3. Adnan Joraid Win User

Any luck? Literally got my xbox series s today and I have been trying to fix this problem all day lol. This is annoying, seems like the issue has been going around for years and they don't want to fix it...
  4. Next Tremity Win User

After first September 2023 update was released for my Xbox Series X, I still experience the Xbox 360 problem! I ended up redo to reported the same problem to Xbox Team!
  5. teammalibu Win User

Any luck? Literally got my xbox series s today and I have been trying to fix this problem all day lol. This is annoying, seems like the issue has been going around for years and they don't want to fix it...
    Same for me. Purchased, updated and then downloaded my owned games from the 360. Can't play them, since the 360 account profile download times out. It is certainly not Network related. All on Xbox's end, no server response. No error code. Nothing. Very disappointing. And NOTHING from Xbox. It's like they are ignoring the issue.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about the issue. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in.

Based on your issue description, it’s possible to be a server/cloud issue for 360 games because you’ve mostly tried all the steps to fix it. I am afraid that our best option here is to report it or file a bug to Team Xbox so they can properly investigate it. Learn more on how to report the issue via https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....

Kind regards,
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games. - Similar Threads - Series stuck screen

2. Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while: Xbox series s with external samsung 1tb ssd and 1tb storage expansion card seagate stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while then when it does get the the menu it does not connect to the Internet...
  3. I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...: The controller is Xbox series s and I need help fixing it 88965f47-42c9-463e-b3ca-187fdc6a86fd
  4. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  5. My Series S is stuck in update mode, is resetting the only way out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is stuck in update mode, is resetting the only way out?: My Xbox Series S automatically tried to update this weekend. It has got stuck on 3 of 3; 'Applying'. It will go no further. This happens when I try to update from the cloud, AND when I try to...
  6. Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X: The game launches will successfully launch. But upon hitting press a to play I get stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services". The game is updated in its...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 stuck on "Joining Life Session" on XBox Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 stuck on "Joining Life Session" on XBox Series X.: I have a brand new Xbox Series X that I purchased on Thanksgiving day. Opened it, ran all the updates, installed a couple games and updated them. I sit down to start playing and now I have no...
  8. Xbox Accessories stuck syncing with BRAND NEW Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories stuck syncing with BRAND NEW Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Hi there, I have bought a brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, hoping to start using it on the PC. After plugging it in for the first time, I was told I need to update it threw the...
  9. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  10. Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...: Greetings- frustrated dad here trying to set up my son’s series s on his birthday! He started setting it up before school and I think did some things out of order. Performed update then had to go...