My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

Discus and support My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ortha3, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Ortha3
    Ortha3 Guest

The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up.

Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger issue?

:)

Ortha3, Apr 2, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Ortha3, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I am not sure, but that is not normal.

I recommend you submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

The green light on top of my Xbox X

The One X or Series X? Either way, there's not a green light. The only light on the console is the power button which should be white.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox series x power button light but no power

Hello Chris, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your console.

First, I'd suggest making sure the console is plugged directly to a wall socket and not a surge protector. After that follow the instructions here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... to try resetting the console.

If you still are unable to start the console then I would recommend setting up a repair. You can do this via https://account.microsoft.com/devices. Once set up and you've received your shipping label via email you can pack up the console.

Please be sure to send only the console and nothing else as Xbox does not guarantee that extra items such as cables or controllers will be returned.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Do I need a new controller?

Hello ÚÑKÑØẄÑ ©, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X controller. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart your Xbox console: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox console until it turns off. Next, disconnect the Xbox Series X from its power source. Turn off the Xbox controller and remove its batteries. Finally, connect and turn on your Xbox Series X.

Restart the controller: Press and hold the power button on the controller for several seconds until it turns off. Then turn it back on.

Pair the controller with the console again: Press and hold the sync button on the console until the power button flashes. Then, press and hold the sync button on the controller until the lights on the controller flash.

Best regards.
  6. Tr1k Sh0t3r Win User

PEOPLE WITH THE 0x90070490 ERROR READ THIS

this didn't seem to work for me, but it seems like it works and it's legit and will fix. I might be doing it wrong maybe. Also my console has light blue light at the front not orange?
    by blue light do you mean the xbox symbol that lights up next to the disc tray? so thats the front of the xbox

the light im talking about is the xbox's power supply the brick looking thing that has a flat white light when on or if the xbox symbol (power button) is held for 30 seconds the power bricks light should go orange
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out - Similar Threads - Series Power Button

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?: My xbox series s power button started blinking 2 times at a time after I turned it off. I'm worried something I wrong with my xbox. What does it mean and how do I fix it?...
  4. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  5. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  6. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  7. My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...: My Xbox Series X Controller did get scratched and the color did get faded on it what I should in this case or situation any suggestion or advice the help are appreciated be kind if you not mind...
  8. Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button: Title says it all. Any reasons for this other than a possible PSU issue? 2c6db711-36ba-4586-bc54-4ccf97338372
  9. Xbox series x power button light but no power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x power button light but no power: Hi, The past few days my Xbox series x has been hit and miss whether it turns on or not, the power button light flashes on when I press it and then turns off, repeated tries and a power cycle...
  10. Xbox series X Power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Power button: I have bought a Xbox series X but the Power button can wiggle around most from top to bottom is it normal I also can see the gap when the Power button I light 2b8ac11d-ecdd-4656-8b2c-c98502304bbf