My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

Discus and support My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JordanW72, Nov 5, 2023.

1. JordanW72
    JordanW72 Guest

My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

Is there anything I could do to fix this

:)

JordanW72, Nov 5, 2023
  2. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  3. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  4. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

Hi, If you didn't know, the Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power. It can also hard crash, even when playing relatively low-powered games like Minecraft.
  5. RavagedUnicorn Win User

Borderlands 3 overheating Xbox one x

This happens to me too, but only when playing co-op in Borderlands 3. The system will just shut off, it's not actually overheating, it only thinks it's overheating.

Try toggling the performance mode either on or off. Sometimes just switching this will keep it going without shutting off.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X turning off by itself

In my experience the notification about overheating occurs after you turn the console back on after letting it cool down, about an hour. I've never seen it before it turns off, and only had overheating on a Xbox One X. The side tiny vents were blocked with dust which required vacuuming out every other month.

Haven't had overheating on my Xbox Series X.

Elden Ring is resource intensive. Could you hear Series X fan working overtime while you were playing?

If so I would send the console back to get repaired and / or replace it.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it... - Similar Threads - series keeps overheating

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting: Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that I bought later. I’ve tried everything....
  5. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  6. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  7. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  8. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  9. My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full": My xbox series s keep popping up message on the screen during playing "your local cache is full.... 0ddb1511-a4cb-415a-bcee-d17f0afe2a3b
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...