My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Discus and support My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David Miranda Pazos, Jun 16, 2024.

1. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided to plug some standard batteries and now I don't have any issues at all. However, after plugging back the rechargeable battery it keeps disconnecting as it did before. Is this a known issue? And is there any solution?

:)

David Miranda Pazos, Jun 16, 2024
  2. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Check the forum or just google "XBOX Series X disconnects from wifi". Tons of threads here and on reddit since the launch.

An example.
  3. DemonizedDevil Win User

Xbox bricked

I sympathise. Since this latest update my xbox one keeps disconnecting from the internet saying no network detected when the settings says it is. I have a series x haven't tried that yet to see if same issue .
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

My xbox series x keeps disconnecting

Hey Jessie!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

I just want to clarify, if you have connected your console to the internet using a wired network connection does the same disconnection occurs within an hour?

Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1.) Power cycle your console and network hardware:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Test your connection again (Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Test network speed & statistics). Then check if the disconnection will occur again.

2.) Check for any Wireless interference:

Disconnect third-party headsets.

Third-party wireless headsets can cause active interference because they broadcast on the same frequency as wireless routers. To identify if the headset is causing the issue, disconnect the power from the base station of the wireless headset. Then test your connection again (Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Test network speed & statistics).

If the wireless headset was causing the error, your console should now connect to the Xbox network. If this does not resolve the connection problem, continue checking for other kinds of wireless interference.

Check for other wireless interference.

Active interference occurs when other electronic devices are broadcasting a wireless signal or are causing some other form of electromagnetic interference. Common causes of active interference are microwaves, ovens, air conditioners, CRT televisions, wireless headsets, baby monitors, other wireless networks, cordless phone systems, and wireless speakers.

NOTE: As a best practice to minimize potential wireless interference, make sure all the cables on the back of your console are gathered away from and are not touching the console.

Passive interference occurs when a wireless signal passes through objects. This causes the wireless signal to be weakened and refracted. Materials that cause passive interference include concrete, glass, lead and copper piping, insulation, mirrors, gun safes, filing cabinets, tile, and plaster.

Attenuation occurs as the wireless signal degrades over distance. Routers have a limited broadcast range, which varies from device to device. A device’s range can be reduced further if the signal passes through solid objects. The ideal distance from the wireless router for the Xbox console is usually between 5 and 50 feet.

Line of sight is important when dealing with interference. Imagine a straight line from your router to your console, and try to eliminate as many points of interference as you can along that line. You can do this by turning off or moving any devices along that line that could cause interference. You can also relocate the console or the router to minimize interference. Moving devices outside of entertainment cabinets or desks can often help improve wireless signals.

Once you have determined the best line of sight configuration for your devices and have removed as many causes of interference as possible, test your connection again (Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Test network speed & statistics).cabinets or desks can often help improve wireless signals.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne...
  5. - AJ - Win User

Hi, David! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your controller.

Based on the fact that your controller works correctly with regular batteries, it seems your rechargeable battery might be faulty. Should this be the case, I'm afraid your rechargeable battery would need to be replaced.

- Have you already tried cleaning the battery contacts? You can do so with a dry cloth.

- To clarify, are you inserting the battery pack as depicted in the following picture?

[​IMG]

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  6. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Same problem happens for Ethernet users too otherwise I wouldn't send a reply under your post. Just do a quick search whenever you have time on reddit and you'll see. I experience this problem for both wifi and ethernet. Quick 5-10 seconds of disconnection then reconnection, just enough to kick you out of a multiplayer session. Some experience it with only wifi some woth only ethernet. I am going to ask for a replacement. I advise you to do so if you can. That's all I can say.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Series keeps disconnecting

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  4. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  7. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  8. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  9. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  10. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...