My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi

Discus and support My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series x keeps saying dns isn't resolving Xbox server names b1062e3b-ca1d-480c-afd0-de10335300de Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kamran Shah1, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Kamran Shah1
    Kamran Shah1 Guest

My Xbox series x keeps saying dns isn't resolving Xbox server names

:)

Kamran Shah1, Feb 6, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kamran, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  4. StaceyQR. Win User

Xbox One won't connect to WiFi network with correct password

It's my wifi won't connect to my xbox everything else works fine on the wifi but the wifi won't connect to my xbox one x
  5. JerryCallo Win User

Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  6. KyIronHorseman Win User

anyone having issues with the series or one s connecting by ethernet only an not wfi?

yes i have done all the above..if i have it connected via ethernet it is fne but when i go to use the wifi it wont work,,says console is connected but when i try to access my games says a connection error,,, does it on my series s and my xbox one s .. and a friends series x is doing it
Thema:

1. My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi - Similar Threads - series isn't connecting

2. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  3. My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.: I can still hear others but my mic won't work. I have tried all the usual fixes I have found online and none of them work. I have also made sure the privacy settings are as they should be but...
  4. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  5. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick: will not work on home screen but will work in games for multiple controllers tried all power cycles update if i switch the controller mappping it reconizes the right but not the left...
  6. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  7. My series s isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s isn't working: when I press the power button it lights up but nothing happens and after a while it turns off. I've only owned this console for a year and I have kept it in good condition, it was working normally...
  8. Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network: I had bought my Xbox series s in Spain in July but then I came to the uk the same day that I came to the uk I tried connecting my wireless wifi it wasn't showing first at all but then I cleared...
  9. My series x is reading a wired connection even when there isn't one plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x is reading a wired connection even when there isn't one plugged in.: So when I turned my xbox on this afternoon it wouldn't connect to the internet. Tried unplugging the wired ethernet cable but even after it was unplugged it was still reading that it was plugged...
  10. Why does my Xbox Series X say wired connection in use but there isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X say wired connection in use but there isn't?: I got my new Xbox series x not even 2-3 wks ago and ever since I've had either power outages due to Mother Nature that would cause this issue one time and it was an easy fix I just needed to turn...