My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

Discus and support My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethan Shirley, Nov 27, 2023.

1. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it is off not fully of like as in at the wall plug but off at in by the Xbox button and when I turn it off by the wall plug and unplug the clicking buzzing noise disappears is it normal like or should I be worried

:)

Ethan Shirley, Nov 27, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

Hi Ethan. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

This is likely coil whine, it is the sound of the electrical components in the console's power supply. This is completely normal, almost every electronic device has coil whine. It does not indicate any immediate danger to your console.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Dr 2Hole Win User

Weird Noise coming from Power Brick

Finally got me a power brick that doesn't make that loud fan noise or buzzing noise, what ever you want to call it!! Just brought the power brick back to bestbuy and they swapped it out for me. Now I just got to get the cable box to turn off when I give
    Xbox turn off command :( It turns it on but for some reason it wont turn it OFF!! Always something lol
  4. Thegoatgamer Win User

xbox series x making wrong sound when opening menu and games

Hello thanks for responding,

When the surround speakers are off i still get the noise through my headphones, The headphones i use are jbl quantum 400 . When i got my xbox series x i didnt get the noise but 3 months later after i got it it started making those noises. Also I did not power off my xbox i used to fully shut down it from settings

My friend who plays with an xbox series x doesnt shut down it and he doesnt get the double sound when he clicks on games but he still doesnt get the sound when he goes back from home. Also when you open home and then go on a game from home and click more options on a game (from where you quit a game) then it starts making the right noises but when you shut down the xbox and power it on again it starts doing it again.

Thanks
  5. Black Catman Win User

Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off

Hey community,

my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU is (back left) and you have to be pretty close to hear it.

anyone else have this or know what it might be?

https://clyp.it/eg3nwjjg

thank you
    Mine is doing the same thing. Started yesterday and now my system won't boot up. It will make the chime and shuts down after 5 seconds. Nothing on the screen and the buzz gets louder when trying to power it on.

Xbox buzz while off:

https://clyp.it/mfmibgbd

Xbox powering on and shutdown by itself after 4-5 seconds (you can hear the buzz here as well):

https://clyp.it/pnhfhnul
  6. Krazy2768 Win User

My Xbox 360 S does not make sound

this is not bad if your xbox doesnt make a noise when you open and close the tray thats normal are your expecting some sort of ding ? also turning on and off the xbox as i know of the regular slims dont really make noises its only the special editions
    that have special sounds when turning on or off
Thema:

1. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power - Similar Threads - series making buzzing

2. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  3. My Xbox Series S is making a whirling sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is making a whirling sounds.: My Xbox Series S has always make coil whine sounds. However, it bothers me when there is that noise, plus a whirling noise when I play more graphically advanced games. Should I be concerned?...
  4. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  5. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  6. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  7. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  8. Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise: My controller suddenly stopped working and won’t turn on. I tried: - using new batteries - plugging it directly to the console. - holding the power button for very long time (over 30 seconds...
  9. How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?: I've looked for an answer to this for days without finding anything. To clarify a bit, my Xbox freezes and the audio from the TV makes a loud buzzing noise. The light on my controller starts...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...