My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?

Discus and support My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal? f4ef2915-b81c-490e-911b-71055e7905d6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SAMISU, Nov 5, 2023.

1. SAMISU
    SAMISU Guest

:)

SAMISU, Nov 5, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

i'm very likely because it's running at the top end of its abilities the fan would go faster to compensate for the heat being generated
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

you're running it at the top and that 100%, it's not supposed to be silent just quiet. If you're shoving it in a tiny hole like that, you're interfering with the system cooling which is not helping your issue.

you should always place it in the most open location possible, and I recommend always placing it vertically unlike every other system for max cooling
  4. SAMISU Win User

I changed the position of the XBOX and placed it in an open space and the loud noise of the fan completely disappeared! It was mainly due to the fact that it was located inside the cabinet. Thank you for your help.
  5. SAMISU Win User

Actually, the console is located inside a stereo cabinet similar to the first image. The sound of the console gets higher but does not shut down. Do I need to change its location in this case?
  6. SAMISU Win User

I will do it the way you are recommending and check if it helps solve the problem or at least make the sound lower. Thanks.
Thema:

1. My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal? - Similar Threads - Series gets bit

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  4. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  5. How to get a voice changer on Xbox Series X? No PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a voice changer on Xbox Series X? No PC.: The reason I wanna get a voice change is to fool my friends, but I just don't have APC. a6f36c68-f257-4379-8f28-bf05cef85bbd
  6. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  7. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  8. How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?: How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x? 17b577b5-09a1-4bb2-a43c-410e7f771907
  9. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  10. I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith...: I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith another monitor and xbox series x aswell, for the people who have this: i had this problem with both monitors...