My xbox series x does power and work but i get flashing led what does that mean

Discus and support My xbox series x does power and work but i get flashing led what does that mean in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I do not see any issue while playing but when i start console i get troubleshooting screen. When in pick continue it works fine. Other concern is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by saurabh chowdhry, Sep 11, 2023.

1. My xbox series x does power and work but i get flashing led what does that mean

I do not see any issue while playing but when i start console i get troubleshooting screen. When in pick continue it works fine.

Other concern is flashing led

Need to know if there is hardware issue or software.

How to fix this, consol is running on lates software version unable to perform offline update

Get something went wrong when try offline update

Please advise

:)

saurabh chowdhry, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi saurabh chowdhry,

Apologies for the delay. We tried to test the issue here on our end and it seems that the blinking happens when the controller and console is trying to connect to each other. Can you please try to press and hold the Connect button whenever the blinking starts then see if it stops after pressing the holding down the Connect button.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. saurabh chowdhry Win User

Below mentioned are the troubleshooting i have tried so far:-

1 - power cycles per your instructions.

2- reset devices to default with app and without app.

3- checked different cable.

But blinking led issue is not getting resolved.

Played game for hour or two to check overheating issue temperature seems to be normal like with all consoles. Also do not hear any loud noise from consol. Only noise i here is normal one which is of heatsink fan to keep consol cool.

Current situation of my console is like led is stable for a while when i start gaming then after around twenty minutes usage it starts blinking.

About offline read complete article, actually my consol is running on latest update which is 10.0.25398

Seems like update file version file on website is lower then my console due to which i get error something went wrong unable to startup during offline update

Hoping if there is a way to reinstall software or update which might resolve my issue

It is in warranty but i do not want to send my new unit for refurbished unit for no issue.

Please help with some direction what should i do in this situation
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi saurabh chowdhry,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  5. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi saurabh chowdhry,

Thank you for the response.

Please try the steps provided on this page to reset you console to factory defaultsthen see how it goes: How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

Does this happen on all the games that you play on your console? or only when playing a specific game?

Also, I would like to request for a video where we could see the blinking red LED after playing for around 20 minutes. You may upload the video to OneDrive then just provide us with the shared link. See this page for reference: Share files with OneDrive - Microsoft Support

I will send you a private message where you can send the shared link of the video. Please check your profile's inbox.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  6. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi saurabh chowdhry,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X. Based on your description, it seems like you’re experiencing two issues with your Xbox Series X: a flashing LED light and a troubleshooting screen at startup.

The flashing LED on your Xbox Series X indicates that there is an issue with the console. It could be a hardware or software issue. To determine the cause of the issue, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps.

For the troubleshooting screen at startup, if you’re seeing a troubleshooting screen every time you start your console but are able to continue without any issues, it might be a software glitch. You also mentioned that when doing an offline update, you are getting an error. Please try checking this page and make sure to follow the steps provided in doing an offline system update: Perform an offline system update | Xbox Support. if issue persists, see this page to troubleshoot system updates on Xbox: Troubleshoot system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

To proceed if in case issues persists with the flashing LED, troubleshooting screen at startup and system update error, let's try to perform a power cycle on your Xbox Series X. To do this, please follow the steps below: How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds.

3. Plug the power cable back into the console and turn it on.

If the issue persists, please try to reset your console to its default settings. Please note that resetting your console will erase all your saved games, settings, and accounts. To reset your console, please follow the steps below: How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Select Reset and remove everything.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
Thema:

1. My xbox series x does power and work but i get flashing led what does that mean - Similar Threads - series does power

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s b3f13c6f-8e8c-44ec-acb8-1c3d462029de
  6. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s f9cc34c0-3cba-4f78-a401-6962a2669e48
  7. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  8. What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?: My xbox series s power button started blinking 2 times at a time after I turned it off. I'm worried something I wrong with my xbox. What does it mean and how do I fix it?...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up: Upon hitting the power button , the light and fan turns on with no visuals on screen and the xbox seems abnormally quiet. Nothing on the screen comes up at all and within in a minute the xbox...