My xbox series x audio is very low.

Discus and support My xbox series x audio is very low. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series x has very low sound coming from the TV all of a sudden. I've messed with the audio settings. Did a reset and still very low audio. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brandon Woolf, Dec 27, 2023.

1. My xbox series x audio is very low.

My xbox series x has very low sound coming from the TV all of a sudden. I've messed with the audio settings. Did a reset and still very low audio. The TV audio works fine with everything else but the xbox so I know it's not the TV. I have to have the volume all the way up to hear to barley be able to hear anything.

:)

Brandon Woolf, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Brandon, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's frustrating when your Xbox Series X audio abruptly becomes very low. Don't worry, though! Let's work together to diagnose and solve the issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Double-Check TV Settings:

Though you mentioned the TV works fine with other devices, ensure the sound mode hasn't accidentally changed (e.g., "Night Mode" can suppress volume).
    Verify the digital audio format set on the TV matches the Xbox output (e.g., PCM, Dolby Digital).

Inspect HDMI Connection:

Ensure the HDMI cable is securely plugged into both the Xbox and TV. Try a different HDMI cable if possible.
    Check for any visible damage or wear on the cable that might affect sound transmission.

Adjust Xbox Audio Settings:

On your Xbox, go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Check the speaker audio output configuration and try switching between options like HDMI Audio or Optical Audio.
    Adjust the master volume and individual game & chat volume sliders to ensure they're not set too low.

Power Cycle Devices:

Turn off your Xbox and TV completely for at least 60 seconds, then turn them back on in this order: TV first, then Xbox.
    This can sometimes clear temporary glitches causing audio issues.

Update Software:

Check for and install any available updates for your Xbox Series X system and TV. Sometimes outdated software can cause compatibility issues.

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft support, and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits) :

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-sound

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  4. Sickpuzzle24 Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

Hey guys, same issue here. The lipsync on my Vizio mq6 is very off with Xbox series X. I own a ps4 and that is not the case with it. I think they need to push an update for series x. I have AC Valhalla and Rdr2 a long with halo and Forza through gamespass and trust me all these game are facing same issue with audio delay.
  5. iTsFx Win User

Is Microsoft looking into the audio delay debacle on Series X?

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

There have been reports of audio delay issues on the Xbox Series X, and Microsoft has acknowledged these issues. They have stated that they are investigating the issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, they recommend that users try the following steps:

Make sure that the TV's firmware is up to date.

Try using a different HDMI cable.

Try connecting the console directly to the TV, rather than through a receiver or soundbar.

Try using the Xbox Wireless Headset, which has been specifically designed for the Xbox Series X and has low-latency audio.

Microsoft is committed to addressing these issues and providing a high-quality gaming experience on the Xbox Series X. They encourage users to keep an eye on their official channels for updates and further instructions.
  6. THUND3R 4 Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-wont-have-spdif-optical-audio-or-ir-blaster

Nope. Confirmed by windows central series x WILL NOT have an optical port.

This is pretty damn poor from Microsoft. They have said all accessories for xbox one will work on series x. Wity this port missing this is not true. My £300 astro wireless headset will now no longer connect to the new console. I very much doubt astro could
    update it to work via USB only.

Pretty disappointed in this at the mo unless they come up with a fix so I still get the same great 3d audio from Dolby atmos and full chat using my a50's.
Thema:

1. My xbox series x audio is very low. - Similar Threads - series audio very

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  5. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  8. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  9. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  10. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...