My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

Discus and support My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MVtrain1, Feb 15, 2024.

1. MVtrain1
    MVtrain1 Guest

My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller charger connected to my Xbox. I tried switching the sockets, leaving the Xbox to rest with no power and plugged different HDMI inputs (etc) and nothing happened.

:)

MVtrain1, Feb 15, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, MVtrain1!
    I'm sorry to hear that.

- Do you have any external devices plugged into your console's USB ports?

- Would you mind the previous steps another try? Only this time, please hold both the Xbox button and the bind button. This should boot the console in low-resolution mode.

Please let me know if that makes any difference, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, MVtrain1! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your console.

To clarify, have you already tried booting your console to the troubleshooting menu? like this:

• Make sure your console is off and unplug its power cord.
    • Wait 30 seconds to plug the power cord back in.
    • Press and hold the BIND button, and then press the Xbox button on the console (once).
    • Continue holding the BIND button for 10-15 seconds.
    • Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND button after the second power-up tone.
    • The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. MVtrain1 Win User

It’s in warranty until march 11th 2024
  5. MVtrain1 Win User

I only have the controller that came with the console plugged in. (The usb port)
  6. MVtrain1 Win User

The tones didn’t sound and the Xbox just shut off.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself. - Similar Threads - series won’t show

2. Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X won’t sign in/add profile: Xbox Series X won't sign in/add profile I copied this problem from a 3 year old post that found no solutions, hopefully someone has the answer? I’ve tried restarting my Xbox, restarting my...
  3. My series x won’t stay on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x won’t stay on.: It will come on once after fighting with it then it shuts off and won’t come back on but it will make the power button noise any suggestions how do i fix it? 7d50128a-2007-4f27-bd8e-96d8d06bae40
  4. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  5. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  6. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  7. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  8. My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...: I reset everything multiple times . Wi-Fi is on and everthing else is connected. 695eae9e-fd26-4c04-bb1e-0dea7ea69910
  9. My Xbox Series S won’t show up on the TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S won’t show up on the TV: I just got a new Xbox series S. It turns on and everything, connected to controllers and is able to be turned off by a controller as well. The problem is that it won’t show up on a TV screen. I...
  10. My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen: I’ve had my series x for about 6 months now and have had no issues. Last night I went to turn it on but the screen just stayed black. i thought nothing of it until today when i tried it again. I...