My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile...

Discus and support My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! My xbox has had a problem for a few months off and on regarding connectivity. Randomly, it wont connect to my home Wi-Fi on startup and will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dissonant TV, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Dissonant TV
    Dissonant TV Guest

My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile...

Hello! My xbox has had a problem for a few months off and on regarding connectivity. Randomly, it wont connect to my home Wi-Fi on startup and will not connect to it, no matter restarting the xbox or the router. I tried factory resetting both with and without keeping games and apps to no avail. I know it is not the router as it connects perfectly fine other times, and it is only an issue on my xbox. The Error occurs when attempting to connect to the network, and says "Can't connect. Check your network name and password and try again." I also cleared the alternate mac address as another way of seeing if it would fix it but it did not. Any help?

:)

Dissonant TV, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Seti1121 Win User

Can't connect to DHCP server!

I tried everything as you suggested, but the issue persists. The Xbox One will connect to my mobile hotspot, but not to my Wi-Fi suddenly. My phone, Fire Stick, Xbox 360, and Switch can connect just fine to Wi-Fi.
  3. Dr4gonborn88 Win User

Can't connect to DHCP server!

I tried everything as you suggested, but the issue persists. The Xbox One will connect to my mobile hotspot, but not to my Wi-Fi suddenly. My phone, Fire Stick, Xbox 360, and Switch can connect just fine to Wi-Fi.
    Oh no, that's a shame. At least we tried, sorry it did not work :(
    I will be trying this on my series x this afternoon, and hope any one of the options work for my issue

Take care
  4. Beastman282 Win User

My xbox randomly disconnects from xbox live and i need a solution.

I have an Xbox Series S, My xbox is connected by Wi-Fi and NAT type is open
  5. Stevepm1970 Win User

Can not play multi-player on Xbox live. Help!

This may be a restriction on the hotel Wi-Fi blocking access to high demand sites. It may be worth asking the hotel manager about that. Have you tried to connect the phone to the Wi-Fi then turn on mobile hotspot on the phone and connect your Xbox to it
  6. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One & Mobile Networks

Mobile Networks = cellular networks, networks which your cellular/smartphones connect to...

I live in NZ and know that telecommunications companies including Vodafone NZ charge NZ$80 for 5GB 4G internet if you use the mobile towers. A good thing I guess with mobile networks is that mobile towers (which your phones connect to, for phone calls and
    internet) have a longer Wi-Fi range than home networks. Home networks wi-fi range only work within 30 metres or so of your modem. Cellular/mobile has a longer Wi-Fi transmitting range where you can be several streets and roads away, and still receive mobile
    coverage Wi-Fi from the same tower. Vodafone NZ offers home internet 100mb/s download and 10mb/s upload speed, unlimited data, and freeview HDTV for NZ$109/month. Even if you have smartphones, their OS will usually warn you or recommend to you, before downloading
    files and stuff on your phone, to "connect to a Home Network" rather than raking up the higher charges of using a cellular network.

Both have their advantages:

Cellular: Significantly longer Wi-Fi range than the limited Wi-Fi range Home Networks use. Convenient when you're away from home like school or work.

Home Network: Significantly cheaper. Handles everyday usage better. Can handle updates which your devices want, without worrying about the high costs involved with mobile internet.

I have noticed though that's Spark NZ's 4G speeds average 67mb/s-109mb/s download speeds and 19-26mb/s upload speeds. 4G upload speeds in NZ are better than what Vodafone NZ offers (stable 10mb/s upload speed) on their Home Network plans.

"Mobile broadband has a significant difference to fixed line broadband: airwaves are limited in bandwidth and number of simultaneous connections when compared to fixed line."

"Airwaves are limited in how many simultaneous connections you can have, and licensing access to this costs a lot more than fixed line network access."
Thema:

1. My XBOX Series S will not connect to my home wi-fi, but will connect to my phones mobile... - Similar Threads - Series connect home

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  8. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  9. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won’t connect to home WiFi: Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected...
  10. When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a...: When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a 5ghz signal and my switch, pc, don’t have issues with it. I test the network and multiplayer connection...