My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

Discus and support My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tyler Sabourin, Dec 27, 2023.

1. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard restarting it then I restarted my router and that didn't work I also got a whole new router and it still makes my router restart... now my xbox is off of wireless internet so it's not even connected by ethernet so I'm not sure what's the problem is it a faulty xbox? Or just really bad internet? My bother also has the same xbox as me and well his doesn't shut off the router...(Ps, my xbox usually installs/updates at 50-60mbps so i don't know what is going on.)

:)

Tyler Sabourin, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Tyler, my name is Rodrigo.

I am sorry to hear that.

Does your router literally restart, as in, it reboots and every other device in the house loses connection, or, you lose connection within your console?

If you were wired using a LAN cable, I would suggest switching the cable.
  4. Tyler Sabourin Win User

Hello Rodrigo,

Yes my router literally restarts every time I try to install a game, I'm not sure how or why this is happening but it is. It doesn't reboot every device in my house it just reboots my router.
  5. GULLYDWARF MUN Win User

My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

Aye sir I did all that as well. I have the UPnP turned on, have even gone about turning it off, restarting it, restarting the xbox, turning it back on, restarting the router and xbox both again along with the modem, and then did that five times to make sure
    there was no leeway for error on my part.

As for my firewall, I have tried turning on and off several aspects of the security on the router, but if you have any suggestions on that I am willing to try more.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

The Microsoft Rewards application does not appear in the store on my xbox series S

Hello August J, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Check the region and language settings. Make sure the region and language settings on your Xbox Series S are set correctly for your location. Sometimes apps may not be available in certain regions or may have different names in different languages. Check that your region and language settings are set correctly and then search for the app again in the store.

Also restart your Xbox Series S Sometimes restarting the console can fix temporary issues and make the app appear in the store again. Try turning off your Xbox Series S, unplugging it from the power source for a few minutes, and then turning it back on. Then, search for the app in the store again.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart. - Similar Threads - series keeps making

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting: Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that I bought later. I’ve tried everything....
  5. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  6. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  7. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  8. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  9. My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full": My xbox series s keep popping up message on the screen during playing "your local cache is full.... 0ddb1511-a4cb-415a-bcee-d17f0afe2a3b
  10. Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...: When ever I turn my xbox on it makes the usual noise. After a few seconds it repeats the noise and then the troubleshooter screen comes on. I then attempted this and nothing but blank screen. I...