My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

Discus and support My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anthony Johnson6, Nov 24, 2023.

1. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my headset off, start the game, then turn it back on and its fine, but its really irritating to have to do constantly. Ive tried unplugging and replugging the adapter in my console, and power cycling my console as well. Neither has provided me with a permanent fix

:)

Anthony Johnson6, Nov 24, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Anthony. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

What headset do you have? Have you tested if this happens in any other games?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. S L8 Win User

How to have the chat mixer work.

Xbox series s, wired, or my brand new un used wireless controller that came with the console, it doesn’t matter, and a wired steel series headset. I have not changed the setup in a couple years
  4. Ronnie Rukus Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset keeps breaking up/disconnecting from Series X

I'm having the same issue. It's also unpairing my controller. I thought it was the controller, then realized I never had this issue before I got the wireless headset.

We also have 3 Xboxes ok the same floor. I have a Series X, my son has a Series S, and my daughter has an Xbox One Series X. They're all within 20ish feet of each other on the 2nd floor of our house. They have the wired headset and don't have any issues.

I realized I [usually] have my wireless headset paired to my cellphone at the same time. After pairing it with my phone once, it'll connect every time. I'm going to try turning off the Bluetooth on my phone to see if it helps.

It's been incredibly frustrating as it'll often unpair the controller in the middle of a match and/or stop playing sound.
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

One S headsets

Well, if you need a wireless headset, I recommend this one Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox as it is compatible with Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
  6. John P_14 Win User

Will any wireless controller work on a series s?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Xbox wireless controllers, including the latest Xbox Wireless Controllers included with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, are compatible with the Xbox Series S. In addition, some older Xbox One wireless controllers work with the Xbox Series S. As for third-party wireless controllers, the compatibility depends on the specific controller and whether it is designed to work with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Ant eSports controller you mentioned appears to be a third-party controller designed for PC gaming, and it may not be compatible with the Xbox Series S.
Thema:

1. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller - Similar Threads - series registering wireless

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt: As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from...
  6. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  7. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number: I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is...
  8. Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2: Whenever I press the left thumb stick it clicks but it doesn’t register in games or the Xbox app lab I’ve tried everything but nothing works what do I do? 80bd4762-7125-49fa-acfc-fc71a86f9c41
  9. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  10. Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????: Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the series number. I am looking at the serial number on the back of my official Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and trying to...