My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...

Discus and support My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 2023 recently and played it for a while just fine. Then the game got an update and it is not downloading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mitch heidler, Dec 20, 2023.

1. My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...

Hi, I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 2023 recently and played it for a while just fine. Then the game got an update and it is not downloading the update displaying an “installation stopped” message. I have tried trouble shooting different methods: restarting the console, unplugging the console and factory resetting. All have resulted in the game not being able to download. I was able to download add-one to the game but the main portion of the game will not be downloaded.

:)

mitch heidler, Dec 20, 2023
  2. FireAsh84093753 Win User

If i bought the vault edition of MW2 on my Microsoft account... Will i be able to play it on my Series S ?

Note* I am currently playing on a Xbox One S and I am switching to my Series S in a few weeks. Will I be able to download the game automatically onto my Series S or will I have to pay for the game again ?
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation stopped”. How can I solve this issue?

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

The first thing you should know is that this is a public support forum for the Xbox community, which means that we are players like you, we are not employees of Xbox or Microsoft.

Check your Xbox console notifications to make sure you have enough space on your hard drive to install the content.

These are the steps:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select the Notifications icon.
    Check for notifications that there is little or no available hard drive space. Xbox lets you know when it's running low.

If there is a notification about low hard drive space, you will need to delete content to free up space or add an external drive.

For information about setting up and managing external storage, or how to delete items from your hard drive, see:

Manage storage on your Xbox console
    You may need to update your console. For example, if you see a "Download stopped" error, you may need to install an update before the download can complete.

To see if an update is available:
    Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.

If there are updates, they will appear in the left menu. Otherwise, "No console updates available" will appear.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games...ears un,> Configurationón > System > Updates.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Can't get through this download before it errors and wants me to try again after downloading 84%. What can I do?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brian, what console is this going on, Xbox 360, One or Series S/X?

Is this happening with a specific game or with all the games you try to install on the console?

What game would you try to install, If you can give more details, I'll be waiting for your reply.
  5. JoeKelly9 Win User

Can’t download Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox S

Yes, it’s an Xbox series s, disc console, and I cannot install it, I feel mislead because I got game pass specifically for this game
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Re-buying games on the Series S already installed on an External Hard Drive

Hi,

When you run a game on either an Xbox One or Series X/S it first looks to see if you own the licence (digital). If you don't own a digital license the console will check for a disc. But as the Series S has no optical Blu-ray Drive it will display a message
    and the game will not run.

Other installed games - regardless of how they got on the storage device - that also can be purchased from the Xbox Store won't need to downloaded again. Purchasing an already installed game will convert it to a digital license.

But you will have to buy any pre-installed games if you don't own them digitally.
Thema:

My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...

1. My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation... - Similar Threads - series able download

2. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  3. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  4. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  5. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  6. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  7. Pallworlds not able to play offline on Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Pallworlds not able to play offline on Xbox series x: Even tho it's advertising that it has an offline mode in the store. Also considering "steam" players have access to it. Every time I try and open the game without an internet connection it pops up...
  8. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  9. I have 2 Xbox Series X in my house. Only 1 was able to download New Home Experience

in XboX Insiders
    I have 2 Xbox Series X in my house. Only 1 was able to download New Home Experience: I’m in the beta ring. I have 2 Xboxes in my house. 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. One has the New Home Experience and the other doesn’t. My consoles still updates and everything. I have the newest...
  10. Why am I not able to download Microsoft Flight Simualtor 2020 on my Xbox series x? The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to download Microsoft Flight Simualtor 2020 on my Xbox series x? The...: Please help me in this issue a81c5ba7-94f0-474e-8e50-e4eb8d724c0a