My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

Discus and support My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Karter Quarnberg, Dec 23, 2023.

1. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some YouTube videos on it and they all said the same thing and that’s to get to the safe screen by holding the sync and power button and I’ve tried it multiple times now and instead of giving me the chimes it either turns back off or just does nothing I can also hear my controller moving on the Home Screen but can’t see anything I also switched the hdmi cord and that didn’t help. Please help me

:)

Karter Quarnberg, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Karter Quarnberg Win User

Where can I find the 60hz setting?
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Thank you.
    Could you try to factory reset your console via settings > system > console info > reset > keep my games and apps?

This would be the last resource to check if it's a temporary incompatibility with your TV.

Additionally, make sure to disable HDR, Game mode, or similar features that your TV has before doing the factory reset.
  4. Karter Quarnberg Win User

Thank you but I think the problem is with my tv everything I tried work on the other tv I have but my main one nothing works
  5. Sodangidni Win User

Hi, Karter Q.
    Could I know if you tried setting the resolution to 720p and the frequency to 60Hz before testing your console on the TV you usually play?

Before that, please try to do a factory reset on your TV.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Hello Karter Q. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox console is not showing up video signal on your TV.

Not only that, but I would like to ask if you tried:

A. Start your Xbox in the low resolution mode.

“If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    On the console, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Power button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep.

Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note: If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.

In either case, this will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480).”

After doing this procedure, you can change the resolution again.

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected > Your screen is blank after you turn on your console > reset your display settings.

B. Connect your console to another HDMI port on your TV.

C. Connect your console to another TV in your house.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it - Similar Threads - series has black

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC)

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC): I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable. I know there is a way to change it in console but I didn't found any in...
  6. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light: I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable submitted by /u/isma_d_h [link] [comments]
  7. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  8. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  9. I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...: Yesterday i spilt water on my series s and didn’t turn on for a while but now it has turned on but the screen is zoomed out and has a black border around the home screen?...
  10. My Xbox series s is turning on and has a black screen

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s is turning on and has a black screen: So basically I have a new Xbox and before I saw these videos of people putting there Xbox to 120fps I tried it then suddenly my Xbox turned black I’m using a monitor that I got for Christmas and...