My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...

Discus and support My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So today once I turned on console Xbox series S it went like on power saving mode straight away. Tv is working fine. Issue is the console, as soon I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Egija Rodze, May 9, 2024.

1. Egija Rodze
    Egija Rodze Guest

My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...

So today once I turned on console Xbox series S it went like on power saving mode straight away. Tv is working fine. Issue is the console, as soon I switch it on after restart its bright normal screen, then goes quickly dark, I can still read it but with difficulty.

Any ideas what's causing it?

:)

Egija Rodze, May 9, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings changed.

Hi Egija, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to use a different HDMI cable or change the HDMI port it's connected to on your TV?

Please, reset your console to make sure it's not a software issue.

Before you continue, make sure you've got the account sign-in information. You'll need it to log back into your console after the reset.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. Kumikochan Win User

Xbox won't auto update anymore

Everything is set like that but i noticed it only goes in instant on mode when saying xbox off but when i panually turn the xbox off it won't go in instant on mode after last upfate
  4. ChadOlson1 Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

I had the dark mode setting on my xbox. Turned it off and it works fine.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops

Which type of Xbox do you own?

If it's a Series X or S, you no longer have to put it into "instant on" (now called "sleep") mode for downloads to continue once the console is turned off. They will continue in "shut down" (previously called "energy saving") mode too.

In that instance, it's more likely to be some kind of router/networking issue.
  6. Manuelmx726 Win User

Elite series 2 sleep mode problem

i've tried to reset by pressing the sync button, the xbox logo blinked fast, and i turned off and on again, it stay on but the problem is not that iot suddenly turn off, it stay on as long it don't go in sleep mode, at that point when i try to turn it on it will shut down after 1 sec, it stay on just enough to be seen by the computer, to solve i plug the cable for one sec and it work again as intended in wireless mode

now, i just wait for it to go sleep and see if it will turn on again

edit: the reset with sync button seams to have resolved the issue :D
Thema:

1. My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings... - Similar Threads - series goes dark

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.: Hi, I have an xbox series x and when i download or update a game, all other activites that works with internet goes very very slow. Like marketplace opening, and showing a picture of a game. Also...
  6. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  7. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  8. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  9. Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps: Xbox screen goes fuzzy when switching to 120 fps. I have a 144hz monitor. It used to work fine but then all of sudden stopped working. Any help? e1df634f-c6ee-4ebd-8373-080adb1b5290
  10. Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes...: As question states, I purchased the Series S|X upgrade dlc for THPS and The Outer Worlds, but the Series S|X versions do not show in my Library. I’m required to endlessly search the MS Store to...