My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it?

Discus and support My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The fan on my Series S would turn off and on as it was needed but now it's on and never turns off (unless I power down). I checked the fan and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steve Strang, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Steve Strang
    Steve Strang Guest

The fan on my Series S would turn off and on as it was needed but now it's on and never turns off (unless I power down). I checked the fan and the inside of the console and there is no dust or debris, any advice on how to reset the fan to work normally? It's in a well ventilated area with proper air flow, and not in a hot room or area.

I've tried factory resetting the console as well with no luck.

Thanks

:)

Steve Strang, Oct 23, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Steve S! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I regret to inform you that it is not possible to restore or reset the console fan, just check that you have your console updated also go to settings, then power mode and start, then restart your Xbox from there, if that does not help If the fan is working normally, I would recommend fixing the problem or checking the Xbox's warranty and returning it to the store where you got it.

Check warranty status: https://account.microsoft.com/devices

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again, Steve S. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Any other questions or problems you have, remember that you can count on all of us members of the Microsoft community.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. Steve Strang Win User

Thanks Daniel,

The warranty expired April 2023.... The good news is that it works just fine but the loud fan is quite annoying!

I'll just start playing with noise cancelling headphones on!
  5. šŸ…šŸ…œšŸ…˜šŸ…”ā’½ā Win User

When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops

I have s series. Does that mean that if I turn it off, the download will continue?
  6. Thegoatgamer Win User

xbox series x making wrong sound when opening menu and games

Hello

So I tried unplugging everything from my xbox (all wires connected to it) I also unplugged the wires from my speakers and I tried every mode still does it. I think I will reset it removing all my games and apps because I dont mind reinstalling my games. May I also ask another question so yesterday I turned on my xbox and when I finished playing I turned it off. The fan kept going then the fan stopped and after a while the fan turned on again. When I touched the xbox from the front it was hot. Is it normal for it to be hot when turned off ? My xbox is on standby mode.

Thanks
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it? - Similar Threads - Series fan does

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is Iā€™m scared if itā€™s broken or if itā€™s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. ā€Žā€Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ā€Žā€Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ā€Žā€Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series x fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan noise: i bought Xbox series x one year ago now when i turn it on it's ok but when i enter to some games the fan noise is sooo high please help but the temperature is good just the fan noise is...
  5. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?: So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I figured I would ask people with a bit more...
  6. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  7. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  8. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  9. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  10. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...