My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x

Discus and support My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I brought my Xbox series s a couple years ago and had no problems with it until now. I don’t know what has gone on but I’ve tried to instal a game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris Boot2, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Chris Boot2
    Chris Boot2 Guest

Hi

I brought my Xbox series s a couple years ago and had no problems with it until now. I don’t know what has gone on but I’ve tried to instal a game only for Xbox s and x and I can’t install it. It says it’s not compatable. I also see on the store if I want to buy a game that is a series x/s version I can’t because it says, not a playable on this device.

My Xbox was from Amazon so it definitely shouldn’t be dodgy in anyway. And I’ve been playing games that have been optimised for x/s. It’s only recently I can’t and it all seemed to have happend out of the blue.

Would really like to hear back soon as this is quite concerning

:)

Chris Boot2, Jan 1, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you use external hard drives on xbox series s

Hi,

Series X|S optimised games can only run on either the internal storage or expansion card. You can 'store' Series X|S on a USB hard drive/SSD for later but you can't play them from these drives as they're not fast enough.

Xbox One games that are not optimised for Series X|S can be run from USB Storage.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Updates download location

Yeah I understand this, but like I said before...all the games are in the external, but for whatever reason is upgrading and updating to the internal.
    This behaviour only occurs on Series X|S optimised games and only on the series X|S console.

Basically, if you have an Series X and your Xbox One game has been optimised for the system it will be moved to the faster storage during the update.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series S, game not working

Hi

Forza Horizon 4 is now an Series X|S Optimised Xbox One game. Optimised games can only be run from either internal storage or the optional expansion card. If you move an Optimised or Series X|S game to an external hard drive it can no longer run from this type of drive, it can only be stored there. That's what the two apposing arrows represent.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x - Similar Threads - series can’t play

2. I can’t sign in to any profile on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sign in to any profile on my Xbox Series X: Hello, For about 3 hours now I have been unable to sign in to any Xbox profile on my Series X. I have tried restarting my internet, my Xbox, and even factory reset my console. Nothing has worked....
  3. Can’t claim my items included with my series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t claim my items included with my series S: Trying to redeem my items included with my new console But when i try to redeem it in Account>included with this xbox console It says “ Available - Included with this device” I try to claim...
  4. Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?: My fiance bought me an Xbox series X for Christmas this last year and I finally got to setting it up, only for the console to not allow me to sign in to my account. I click the sign in button,...
  5. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  6. I can’t connect to Xbox live on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox live on my Xbox series x: My internet connection is working, I have gamepass, what do I do 3e9e6ed5-9da2-4613-a581-b1002d553b82
  7. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...
  8. Right I have an Xbox series x an I can’t play Fortnite through my headset aswel as my tv...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right I have an Xbox series x an I can’t play Fortnite through my headset aswel as my tv...: Right I have an Xbox series x an I can’t play Fortnite through my headset aswel as my tv speakers I need to hear the party chat through the tv b2f6016b-9af9-449e-9621-bb0a7e543b5f
  9. Xbox series x Game Pass and can’t even create my first save. I played last night and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x Game Pass and can’t even create my first save. I played last night and...: [img] [img] [img] [img] I have just started playing starfield on Xbox series x Game Pass and can’t even create my first save. I played last night and everything I did is gone. It says I have...
  10. I can’t play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X or Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X or Xbox 360: I have the right username and password for my account. I have no problem playing Xbox one and Series X/S Games. But 360 games I can’t. I’ve entered my app password,removed 2-Step,reset my Series...