My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...

Discus and support My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The controller just turns off when RS is pressed and refuses to turn back on until plugged in. I just bought it and it's the second one to do this. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CalMarshall, Dec 9, 2023.

1. CalMarshall
    CalMarshall Guest

My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...

The controller just turns off when RS is pressed and refuses to turn back on until plugged in. I just bought it and it's the second one to do this. I exchanged the 2nd one.

:)

CalMarshall, Dec 9, 2023
  2. madamimadam-B8BC044B Win User

Controller Drifting

I have 2 Elites drifting to the right from the left analog stick.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a software issue. What do I do?

Hello CalMarshall,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the issues with your Xbox Series Elite 2 controller. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and device here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?

-Is this a replacement controller from Microsoft?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

First, make sure that your controller is fully charged. You can do this by plugging it into a USB port on your computer or console and letting it charge for a few hours.

1. If your controller is fully charged and the issue persists, try updating the firmware of your Xbox Elite 2 controller. You can do this by following these steps:
      • Plug your Elite 2 controller through USB.
      • Open Xbox Accessories App.
      • Press Win+R.
      • Paste the following command in the box: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true.
      • Hit Enter.
      • Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and you can begin with your firmware rollback/flashback.
    2. If updating the firmware doesn’t work, try resetting your controller. Here’s how:
      • Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for 6 seconds.
      • After 6 seconds, release the button.
      • Turn on your controller again and see if the issue persists.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
        Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a software issue. What do I do?

Hello CalMarshall,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

Please, can you connect it to a computer or mobile device?

After you do, enter this site and test the buttons: gamepad-tester.com

Test the buttons on that site.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

Hi Bryson, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Does this happen when you are using it plugged in via the USB cable?

Can you test it and let me know?
Thema:

1. My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a... - Similar Threads - series elite turns

2. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  3. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  4. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  5. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 isn’t turning on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox elite series 2 isn’t turning on: My Xbox elite series 2 isn’t turning on it was working fine one night I woke up and the next day it didn’t turn on and when I try to charge it it doesn’t show that it’s charging I even left it on...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on: My Xbox series 2 elite controller just stopped working today and idk what to do bb9108a5-2041-47e5-8bae-736472097920
  8. Looking for a way to use my elite series 2 paddles for quick 180⁰ turns

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for a way to use my elite series 2 paddles for quick 180⁰ turns: Perhaps an update to xbox accessories app? dc1a13bb-c44f-44be-8400-a50d1bacf832
  9. Elite Series 2 Controller not recognised by PC when its directly plugged in and wont turn...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller not recognised by PC when its directly plugged in and wont turn...: Any fixes on this without having to buy a new controller? 0445b4de-d683-4ff3-bab7-94a3a886088a
  10. My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.: As above, i have tried plugging it into different outlets, different cables you name it. The controller just stopped working after I charged it for maybe 2 hours 2cebfb06-c406-4a93-8b1e-d59b0f76e0a8