My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?

Discus and support My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had my Xbox series s for about 2 years now. Since 2 weeks ago all my games will crash and take me back to the Xbox Home Screen. This started... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lilnugget5427, Aug 24, 2023.

1. My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?

I’ve had my Xbox series s for about 2 years now. Since 2 weeks ago all my games will crash and take me back to the Xbox Home Screen. This started shortly after I installed fortnite.

I have hard reset my Xbox

Cleared the cache

Removed local saved data

Reset but kept games and apps

Reset and removed all games and apps

Even called up epic to reset the client settings in fortnite

At first I thought it was a fortnite issue but the crashing is happens to all games now, not just fortnite.

Please help as I do not know what to do next. I have tried everything I can this far.

:)

Lilnugget5427, Aug 24, 2023
  2. Echo 128-DG Win User

My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?

What is persistent storage labeled as currently I only see 360 storage and local storage I am also having the same issue as the original poster but I have been trying for the past two years to fix this issue I've done a reset with everything and even a full reset and still am having the same issue I hope to have this resolved soon as I can't even play any newly released games
  3. Heath Overton Win User

i've researched this problem time and time again! theres is no solution to this problem i have yet to see.
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Lilnugget5427,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Lilnugget5427,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing this with us.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series S and how frustrating it can be when your games keep crashing and taking you back to the Home Screen. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

Firstly, let's check if there are any updates available for your Xbox Series S. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select System.

5. Select Updates & downloads.

6. Select Console update available if there is an update available.

If there is an update available, please download and install it. This may resolve the issue.

If there are no updates available, let's try clearing the persistent storage on your Xbox Series S. This will clear the cache and temporary files on your console. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select System.

5. Select Storage.

6. Select Clear persistent storage.

After clearing the persistent storage, please restart your Xbox Series S and try playing your games again.

If the issue still persists after trying all these steps, please contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more advanced troubleshooting steps and help you resolve the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. JakobCoffey Win User

Xbox one s

Ok so I waited 1 minute before I turned it back on and it didn't even take me to my home screen I'm now on a screen that asks me if I want to restart or troubleshoot my xbox because it says something went wrong and idk what to do.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do? - Similar Threads - series keeps crashing

2. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  4. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  5. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?: I have had my series X since April 2023 and over the last few months I have had games crash on me, when playing call of duty this is the screen I get when it crashes. I was running in 1440p 120hz...
  6. Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.: I tried everything ! I have the Game ultimate pass and I’m using it. I called Microsoft and they said they will come back and they didn’t !! They were unable to resolve it !! Any suggestion ? I...
  7. Why is my Xbox series s keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series s keep crashing: I been having crashing problems with my Xbox series s ever since I got it for my birthday in august rebooting your console doesn’t help with the crashing neither restarting your games and apps...
  8. Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard: I have an Xbox series s digital edition, I can't play any games without them freezing or getting kicked to dashboard within 5 minutes on a game. I've contacted Xbox support, they were no help....
  9. My Xbox series S keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series S keeps crashing: I’ve recently started playing fortnite again and in about 2 weeks I’ve crashed over 15 times, sometimes in the lobby and it’s really annoying because it doesn’t crash nearly as often on any other...
  10. Xbox series X keeps crashing after new COD MW3 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps crashing after new COD MW3 update: Anyone else having their series X keep crashing after the newest update? I’ve uninstalled, re-installed, cleared the cache, downloaded the latest updates and even downgraded the graphics on the...