My Xbox only lagges when I play 2k. Every other games runs fine

Discus and support My Xbox only lagges when I play 2k. Every other games runs fine in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to play nba 2k and I’m experiencing lagging heavy and my internet is very fast. I’ve tried other games I don’t lagg ant all. But when I play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Princeton Arnold, Nov 20, 2023.

1. My Xbox only lagges when I play 2k. Every other games runs fine

I’m trying to play nba 2k and I’m experiencing lagging heavy and my internet is very fast. I’ve tried other games I don’t lagg ant all. But when I play NBA 2k the games skips. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still acts up. Please help anyone

:)

Princeton Arnold, Nov 20, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

you should contact 2K support for help with their games, but it's quite possible that the people you're playing against have bad connection
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Princeton! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your NBA 2k game. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

1. Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Note: Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.

2. Clear the local save for NBA 2k and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try installing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Hawk223 Win User

Halo4 is lagging like he'll sort it out.

No the game runs fine a while ago its only where you get scum trying to lagg it out.
  5. BubbleLlama Win User

Needing help with game issue.

It only happens on the 360 games. Every other Xbox game is perfectly fine and runs fine. My internet is not the issue. This only started to happen earlier last year.
  6. QUIETRIOT122 Win User

Xbox One X “Can’t finish multiplayer tests”

When i run every other test it checks out fine. This is the only test that does not work. Some games i can play online and some games i cannot. I am also using an ethernet cable.
Thema:

1. My Xbox only lagges when I play 2k. Every other games runs fine - Similar Threads - lagges play Every

2. Xbox one x recordings lagg in 4K

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x recordings lagg in 4K: Hey, so I have an Xbox one x. I can record in 1080p just fine while playing in 4K on my 4K TV, but when I try to record in 4K as well, I can play the game just fine, but when I play back...
  3. Lagg,packet loss,cant launch some games and glitch/unresponsive Xbox home.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lagg,packet loss,cant launch some games and glitch/unresponsive Xbox home.: Ever since the random outage last week my xbox have just been so laggy and alot of packet loss I've allready restarted my Xbox then did it the hold the button way both didn't work some games say...
  4. why the hell isthe apps so lagg

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the hell isthe apps so lagg: like its kinda bad how thisinst working bc79fc48-0d95-4b40-a5f5-f9c38061f412
  5. Why would Atlas be released onto an unplayable platform due to lagg?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would Atlas be released onto an unplayable platform due to lagg?: Cannot beleive Atlas would be commissioned by xbox given that is is just too laggy and unplayable. ff9f9819-b3b8-4133-a797-f72d0683dc53
  6. Lagg on fifa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lagg on fifa: is ea servers having issues online? Cant play online without lagg and i never get it not my internet had it checked bf4c01ef-ed09-40d9-95cd-e7083dd2e7d1
  7. Blizzard won't correct lagg penalty

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blizzard won't correct lagg penalty: I was playing overwatch then I lagged off. I also penalized for it. Went to blizzard forum to report it. Found one at the time looked same problem but they can't play matches at all after. Looked...
  8. Xbox one Twitch app lagg

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one Twitch app lagg: Lag of steam! 2500 will not allow quality. What could be the problem? I tried: 1 Xbox One Streaming Help | Low Streaming Quality on Xbox Live 2 Twitch | It did not help! Idea? So far it...
  9. Party chat lagg when in a fortnite mtach

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat lagg when in a fortnite mtach: I'm having a recurring problem where everytime I hop into a fortnite match the party chat lags? no idea why I have a decent, open connection. It only happens when I get in game? any idea why?......
  10. is xbox ever going to fix the lagg comp in the network code

in XBoX on Consoles
    is xbox ever going to fix the lagg comp in the network code: are you ever going to fix it and provide customer service or do I need to go to playstation? e8970947-6a07-44e6-90dc-9ef45d7e4629