my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd

Discus and support my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; what I mean is sometimes when I try to move my character forward in game I go full up for normal movement and it sometimes thinks im moving the stick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ian tisdel, Mar 29, 2023.

1. ian tisdel
    ian tisdel Guest

what I mean is sometimes when I try to move my character forward in game I go full up for normal movement and it sometimes thinks im moving the stick slowly like I want to walk slowly

is this a drift issue or something else?

and are there any solutions to this?

:)

ian tisdel, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ian, if you have a USB cable, try to follow the procedures bellow.

First remove the batteries from the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it back to normal.
  3. ian tisdel Win User

so an updated firstly I did a wireless update and hoped in destiny 2 to like any place to move and so far the issue seems to be gone if it happens again there might be a internal issue with the stick if not the update helped fix it and I saved a lot of cash
  4. ian tisdel Win User

I will try that but first I have to unplug my current external hard drive to do so as the base storage for the xbox is a bit small
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

My Xbox One S is acting very odd..

Hello there @La Carotte, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully if it's missing any. I would like you to go through
    the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still receiving a black screen, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Click on the "Bind" and "Eject" buttons at the same time after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the two buttons. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your
    screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

In case both troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help.../system-update-solution/offline-system-update

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  6. Hitmanx123 Win User

USB acting odd.

well if you have anything like demos and stuff you could do without id suggest trying to get rid of as much as possible that you dont use on the daily. ive removed demos that ive kepy for years but only played once and they were as much as 1.5 GB. try this
    and see if you can get at least 4 GB on your hdd, if not then if you have a spare USB try that or purchase one on the cheap for 16 just to have an extra to bakc up to and try reformattting your usb after the transfer to another source.
Thema:

1. my xbox one's left thumbtack is acting odd - Similar Threads - one's left thumbtack

2. so one day i fell asleep and i woke up my xbox was water damaged i left it upside down...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so one day i fell asleep and i woke up my xbox was water damaged i left it upside down...: one night i fell asleep and then the next day when is was about too play my hero ultra rumble my xbox wouldnt cut on so i asked my mom for tips then she said leave it upside down for 24 Hours so i...
  3. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  4. The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...: The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels stuck. 0f063b2b-3b20-472d-94d0-77b804dd47f5
  5. How do I get my Xbox one to read and install Left For Dead 2 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my Xbox one to read and install Left For Dead 2 ?: I purchased Left for Dead 2 and have not been able to install or get any response from 2 Xbox ones. I have tried the different methods and suggestions by the support. Unfortunately nothing has...
  6. If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?: I am wondering because I am planning to purchase this in the near future. [img] If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?...
  7. Is My Seagate Harddrive & XBox One X Left To Sleep Together Safe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is My Seagate Harddrive & XBox One X Left To Sleep Together Safe?: I just wanted to put my mind at ease about my 8T Seagate harddrive. It's connected to my XBox One X and both were switched on, but went to sleep. I was due to get to the end of Call Of Duty World...
  8. How can I buy Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I buy Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox one?: I really want to play this old game with friends but we can't find a way to buy it d7304d61-70ca-47d7-9a78-32581ce3f631
  9. If I were to buy Left 4 dead 2 for the Xbox 360 and used it on my Xbox one, would I be able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I were to buy Left 4 dead 2 for the Xbox 360 and used it on my Xbox one, would I be able...: I'm buying an Xbox one soon to experience L4d2 and it's Dlc again, but I've been told I'll need a physical copy to play it since it was taken off the store, but could I buy the DLC or is it...
  10. My left thumbtack on my xbox one keeps drifting, what can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left thumbtack on my xbox one keeps drifting, what can I do?: My left thumbtack on my xbox one keeps drifting, what can I do? 7e1cc243-6519-4068-8bfd-fe523eeb2934