My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

Discus and support My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MandarIndy, Feb 27, 2024.

1. MandarIndy
    MandarIndy Guest

My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of around 6ms to 8ms, sometimes 30ms, it’s only the Xbox that’s getting 155ms to 165ms. I have tried multiple videos on YouTube, nothing works. Please nudge me in the right direction.

:)

MandarIndy, Feb 27, 2024
  2. SimonMacdonald3 Win User

Extremely high Ping on Xbox Series S

HI there,

thanks for your reply. The slow ping I refer to is from the Xbox’s Network Statistics test. This is prompted by my trying to set up remote play/access which is ‘not allowed’ as my Latency is too slow.

At your suggestion I connected the xbox to my cell’s 4G. The ping leapt up to ~300ms and ~600ms on the two tests I did, but the packet loss fell to 0%.

FWIW, I have tried connecting only the xbox to the network, and I still get the same results - 150-160ms ping and 100% packet loss.
  3. MasculinEHtor Win User

Post here if you have high ping and packet loss

I am also experiencing unacceptable upload packet loss:

Provider: SaskTel

Ping: 74ms

Download Speed: 3.85Mbs

Upload Speed: 0.69Mbs

Download Packet Loss: 0%

Upload Packet Loss: 8%
  4. [RobertLewis] Win User

Gamepass Cloud Streaming Unplayable: Poor video quality over 1Gbps internet service.

UPDATE

Download speed - 54.5mbps

Upload speed -17.8mbps

Ping -11ms

Jitter-0.0ms

Packet loss-0%
  5. Heartful Wolf Win User

latency

Speed test.net

Hardwired pc to router

12 ping

452 download

104upload.

Xbox speed test

541 download

98 upload

77ms latency

0% packet loss.
  6. Hellhog Win User

Does internet speed affect how you play?

Download and Upload speed do less than you think. You barley require a decent up/down to play. The biggest components are PING and Packet Loss. Packet Loss causes rubberbanding in games and PING is the latency of your connection to theirs. High PING means
    a High Packet Loss (or Jitter leads to Packet Loss too) and what is known as Lag. I have a 20Mb/s download and as long as you and me have the same PING, your 1.6Mb/s download is no different for gaming.
Thema:

1. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over... - Similar Threads - consistently getting 160ms

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Consistent issues with saving in multiple games

in XboX Insiders
    Consistent issues with saving in multiple games: I’ve been sending error reports about this issue for a long time now and have read a lot of people having the exact same issue, so I’ll try posting here. Many games on Xbox Series S are having...
  4. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  5. Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation: I am trying to set my account's home Xbox onto my friend's Xbox so that she can play all the games that I have, but when she went to go make my account's home Xbox onto hers, it said it had 0/5...
  6. Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?: I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find incredibly frustrating is that either the LB or RB or...
  7. Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play: So this little exclamation mark popped up so I looked it up and people said it a license thing. Issue is idk how that works because I bought these games. Some of them are gamepass/on an external...
  8. Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S: I recently acquired an Xbox Series S. For the first couple of days, everything worked out fine. Recently, I’ve been playing multiplayer games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Fortnite… every 7-10...
  9. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...
  10. Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...: I am asking this because my autistic 8 year-old daughter loves playing Minecraft on XBox Series X. It's her happy place--where she goes for solace. She spends hours building all kinds of things....